• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Old Shoe

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Michael
This shoe seems to small to fit my feet! ; )
I would be curious to see the patina in colors…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Still within the shoemakers workshop. Obviously not the final product containing the inner soles showed previously.

Michael,

The shape and tones are seductive, taking me to Jacob and Wilhem's fairy tales! I don't understand the apparent broad "tongue" or front of the ankle leather. Is this something that ties behind the ankle?

Asher

Michael Nagel

The shape and tones are seductive, taking me to Jacob and Wilhem's fairy tales! I don't understand the apparent broad "tongue" or front of the ankle leather. Is this something that ties behind the ankle?
Hi Asher,

Thanks! I will be there next weekend - maybe another picture will help to answer your question.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks. The last version before b/w conversion does not necessarily have a correct WB - intentionally.
'Nuff written ;)

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You find a rear view of the very same boot here (hint - it is on the left side).

Does this help your imagination?

Best regards,
Michael
Yes, I saw that. It looks like the toe is reinforced. could be a work boot, for riding, perhaps soccer or maybe skiing.

Anyway, it is very fascinating to me.

That view of the workbench with the light streaming in for the window is very close to the angle in my picture of a mine office in Tonopah, Nevada. I have to find it.

Asher