• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Red metal

0dc6260e53ce1459721d54f630a32a10_enfants_rouge_copy.jpg

Hexar RF
Nokton 35mm f1.4
Portra 160 NC

Cem_Usakligil

Very sweet indeed. I like the fine saturation of reds without becoming too much.

Thanks for showing this Cedric.

PS: How did you scan it?

Cheers,

Very sweet indeed. I like the fine saturation of reds without becoming too much.

Thanks for showing this Cedric.

PS: How did you scan it?

Cheers,

Hi,

I am currently testing various solutions to get scans from my films : this one has been developped and scanned by a laboratory (Picto, famous pro lab in Paris). Their process is not very clear but i think they use HR500 scanner with ICE in automatic mode. Results are very good. But they're also very expensive : about 57€ for one 135 film roll ! I think i'm going to buy my own scanner, maybe a Nikon LS50 or a V750 , i'm still hesitating...

Cédric.

Mike Shimwell

Cedric,

Great - lovely spot and the colour is beautiful. I'm also in the process of sorting a scanner, it's a pity you are not a bit closer!

Mike

Mike,

I have just ordered a Coolscan V ED yesterday evening. I will get it soon, i gonna make my own scans at home with good stuff !

Cedric

PS : this red is a typical "analog" red, very difficult to get this tone with a digicam.

David Sommars

I really like this, nice tone and interesting positioning to include the people on the bottom.

The curves are something you dont expect to see along with rivets.

Mike Shimwell

Cedric, good news on the Nikon. I've just picked up a second hand SA30, which sort of commits me to an LS4000 or 5000 - but I know that I'll never get round to scanning properly unless I can run a roll at a time.

Yes, agree about the reds, although DXo seems to do quite a nice job out of the box with Canon files as far as colour is concerned.

Mike