• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

That's not winter, this is winter

Sam Hames

Actually, I think winter skipped us over this year. I am ambivalent about this.

winterInTheGreatCourtUQ.jpg

I'm also sure snow is a myth of foreigners, designed to make the cold seem more exciting ;)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Actually, I think winter skipped us over this year. I am ambivalent about this.

winterInTheGreatCourtUQ.jpg

I'm also sure snow is a myth of foreigners, designed to make the cold seem more exciting ;)

This is actually the spring! Life is idyllic. They have everything before them Right now they are like young flowers waiting for the chance to pollinate and be pollinated!

Asher

Sam Hames

This is actually the spring! Life is idyllic. They have everything before them Right now they are like young flowers waiting for the chance to pollinate and be pollinated!

Nope, definitely winter, still weeks of it left! The funny part is there will be less people doing this come spring and summer because it's too hot!

Whaaat? Winter? I need a beer.

You'd fit right in around here, that sounds like a native response.

Sam

Sam Hames

Thanks Sam!

Now here's one idea of how we see the winter:

_img900.jpg

Now that does look like winter to me. I get the feeling everyone is snug inside.

I suspect our descriptions of the weather would make for another interesting comparison - if the daily maximum here doesn't reach 20 C we say it's "freezing". I suspect that would be a much more literal term for you.

Robert Watcher

if the daily maximum here doesn't reach 20 C we say it's "freezing"

20 degrees C is what we had last week in the middle of summer. meant that I put my jeans on instead of my shorts those days. Minus 20 degrees C is more to our liking in winter time.

Reinforcing the myth of snow, from just another foreigner. It's a typical stormy day in my part of the world (south-western Ontario in Canada). This isn't a road out in the countryside - but is the town street in front of our home:

12297254753286_E3192024.jpg

12297254936213_E3192031.jpg

12297253631143_E3192002.jpg

Rob

20 degrees C is what we had last week in the middle of summer. meant that I put my jeans on instead of my shorts those days. Minus 20 degrees C is more to our liking in winter time.

Reinforcing the myth of snow, from just another foreigner. It's a typical stormy day in my part of the world (south-western Ontario in Canada). This isn't a road out in the countryside - but is the town street in front of our home:

12297254753286_E3192024.jpg

12297254936213_E3192031.jpg

12297253631143_E3192002.jpg

Rob

Robert, Scenes that I easily recognize as could have been shot on my street. I think this is why Canadians are so mild tempered, We have enough craziness dealing with our weather that we have no energy left! ;-)

Very cool images! Thanks for sharing!

Maggie

Sam Hames

Rob

Wow, that's some perspective. Thanks for posting!

(I am exaggerating a little when I say snow is a myth - I have had some in my hands and all I can remember is that they hurt afterwards because it was so cold....)

Robert Watcher

Wow, that's some perspective. Thanks for posting!

(I am exaggerating a little when I say snow is a myth - I have had some in my hands and all I can remember is that they hurt afterwards because it was so cold....)

Yes I know. I was just teasing too.

Rob