• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Sydney

Mike Funnell

Hi to all from Mike, here in (at the moment) not-quite-sunny Sydney.

I've been browsing this forum, on and off, for a little while but haven't joined until now because I'm unsure of what I might contribute. I post fairly regularly on one other photography forum, and occasionally on another, but each has a very different 'flavour' to this one (no criticism intended, different is just different, and I find this a valuable forum to look through). The topic of legitimate vs illigitimate digital alteration was the one that induced me to register and post.

Aside from that, I'm one who was a fairly keen photographer who kind of drifted away, and was brought back by the advantages (to me) of digital. My enthusiasm has been re-kindled and I've become rather more keen now than I was in my earlier days.

At the moment I'm using Canon DSLR kit (30D and way too many lenses), and a Canon P&S (a little IXUS 40) and have even shot an occasional roll through my old OM-4 kit. I still need to come to terms with film scanning, though, not so much to shoot new film but to go through some of my old (which sounds like an "I'll get to it....." task).

I'll continue to watch and look around, and might even have something that (I hope) is worth contributing from time to time.

...Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
HI Mike,

Don't hesitate to jump in! After all, you are ahead of us and must know things before we do!

Welcome and have fun!

Asher