• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Supermoon

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I wasn't quite sure I could take pictures handheld.

I took a bunch and stacked them in Autopano Giga.

super moon.jpg

Asher Kelman: Super Moon

Canon 6D and 700-200 II and 2x 2z extender II

The moon got closer so they called it "super"

Asher

Asher Kelman

Apparently, our moon formed in the first place by something massive smashing into earth. It was in the beginning, pear shaped, I think!!

Thanks for landing on my barren moon. It makes it feel that we have established some life presence, even if it's just two of us, old-timers, imagining from far away!

Asher

Chris Calohan

This is handheld at 1/250 F/8 ISO 400 D800 80-400m at 400mm. 1/4000 seemed a bit extreme to me.

14725734749_9eca2a2d9a_z_d.jpg

Super Moon: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

This is handheld at 1/250 F/8 ISO 400 D800 80-400m at 400mm. 1/4000 seemed a bit extreme to me.

Super Moon: Chris Calohan​

Well, Chris, I see yours is a right handed moon, compared to mine! When was yours taken? If one knows that, one could calculate where you were standing, LOL!

I wanted to decrease handshake for such a tiny object in the center of the screen. Seemed the right thing to do. It turns out to be imaged with only a circle with a diameter of about 575 pixels!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I wanted to decrease handshake for such a tiny object in the center of the screen. Seemed the right thing to do. It turns out to be imaged with only a circle with a diameter of about 575 pixels!

Those few pixels really earned their keep. Of course, they had helpers!

I am reminded of the story of legendary lumberjack Paul Bunyan. One of his jobs was to daily go to the lake shore and listen for news of the sister town across the lake, shouted by another fellow there at a prearranged time.

But is was always tough going, so Paul took up the practice of taking another fellow or two along to help with the listening.

Thus was correlation detection invented.

Best regards,

Doug

Chris Calohan

super moon: Chris calohan​

well, chris, i see yours is a right handed moon, compared to mine! When was yours taken? If one knows that, one could calculate where you were standing, lol!

Asher

30.259770, -85.646665

Antonio Correia

I have photographed the Moon once during an eclipse.
I then composed the photographs. I was not so skilled as I am today LOL
ou have some great images here ! :)

i-Vzgg4RC-X3.jpg

James Lemon

I wasn't quite sure I could take pictures handheld.

I took a bunch and stacked them in Autopano Giga.

super moon.jpg

Asher Kelman: Super Moon

Canon 6D and 700-200 II and 2x 2z extender II

The moon got closer so they called it "super"

Asher

Reminds me of a peeled orange. Interesting image!