• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Window Shopping

James Lemon

i-9cV6W4g-L.jpg

I really like this shot. Being there at this exact moment is pretty fortunate. I love how we see all the empty hangers and especially love that she is barefoot. Beautiful black and white work!
:)
Maggie

James Lemon

I really like this shot. Being there at this exact moment is pretty fortunate. I love how we see all the empty hangers and especially love that she is barefoot. Beautiful black and white work!
Maggie

Hello Maggie

Thank you for your comments very much appreciated!Yes fortunate indeed! Do you think the image should be cropped a bit off the top?

Antonio Correia

James, is the image right from the camera ?

Have you done any adjustments at all ?

The quality is superb indeed.

I can't afford such a toy ! I want to cry ! :) :)

James Lemon

James, is the image right from the camera ?

Have you done any adjustments at all ?

The quality is superb indeed.

I can't afford such a toy ! I want to cry ! :) :)

Hello Antonio

Thank you for your comments they are very much appreciated !

Very minimal adjustments in Lighroom version 3.6

Fill light, contrast,brightness . Good subjects and the "Magic of Light" go a long way!

Hello Maggie

Thank you for your comments very much appreciated!Yes fortunate indeed! Do you think the image should be cropped a bit off the top?

If it were my very own, I would crop off the white portion that is at the upper left just because it does pull our eye there since it is light; I didn't suggest this as this is layback café and you had not asked for critique, but saying that, I really still like this image for both the quality of the black and white tones and the situation which is so special. It really works and makes for more than just a shot of a window. There are all these little details to look at which helps us build this story in our heads about not only what is in the window but mostly about this girl who is going to create something for tomorrow's sidewalk audience. Again, very cool!
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maggie,

Do you refer to the white reflections in the black marble around and above the windows?

Asher

Maggie,

Do you refer to the white reflections in the black marble around and above the windows?

Asher

No Asher, not the reflections in the black. At the very top left, we seem to see beyond the top of the store to some empty area that is quite light and brings nothing extra to the image except for pulling my eye. I don't think it is bad, but James asked expressly what I would do so I answered. :)

James Lemon

If it were my very own, I would crop off the white portion that is at the upper left just because it does pull our eye there since it is light; I didn't suggest this as this is layback café and you had not asked for critique, but saying that, I really still like this image for both the quality of the black and white tones and the situation which is so special. It really works and makes for more than just a shot of a window. There are all these little details to look at which helps us build this story in our heads about not only what is in the window but mostly about this girl who is going to create something for tomorrow's sidewalk audience. Again, very cool!
Maggie

Thank you for your feedback Maggie and taking the time to comment... very much appreciated! I am glad you like the image.