• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Carla receives writing award

Doug Kerr

Each year, the Fine Arts and Communication Department of Weatherford College (our county community college) conducts an event called "Books 'N Authors 'N All That Jazz". It revolves around a day long book fair, where local authors exhibit their books, and which also features a series of seminars and workshops on many aspects of writing. This year, Carla exhibited both of her published books.

Another component of the event is the Canis Latran Writing Contest. (Canis latran is the binary scientific name of the coyote, the "mascot" of Weatherford College.) It accepts short works in the categories fiction, creative non-fiction, and poetry.

All winning entries are published in an anthology, "Canis Latran", published by the Weatherford College Press.

I'm proud to announce that in this year's competition, Carla received an Editor's Award in Creative Non Fiction for her essay, "Older Women/Younger Men", an autobiographical tale and reflection from her much earlier years ("older" is of course relative). She had originally written it for a writing class in junior college in Dallas, and polished it up for this year's Canis Latran contest.

Here we see Carla receiving her award at the awards ceremony from Linda Bagwell, Director of Communications and Public Relations for Weatherford College, the mastermind of Books 'N Authors 'N All That Jazz.

BNA_F25811-01R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Author C. C. Crittenden (Carla Kerr) receives her Editor's Award
from Linda Bagwell of Weatherford College

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hello Doug.

What lady!

My sincere congratulations to Carla. The award could not have been won by a better person.

Well done Carla!

Regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'll replace the post deleted when the sneaky "content spammer" thought they could post a nice compliment but embed in it a spamming link!

No big deal, but it gets us back to Carla and Doug, two celebrated creatives we're very, very happy to have in our midst!

So, we get to renew out appreciation of what was and still is a powerful but simple thread, a homily to a great Texan couple!

Salut mes amis!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I'll replace the post deleted when the sneaky "content spammer" thought they could post a nice compliment but embed in it a spamming link!

No big deal, but it gets us back to Carla and Doug, two celebrated creatives we're very, very happy to have in our midst!

So, we get to renew out appreciation of what was and still is a powerful but simple thread, a homily to a great Texan couple!

Salut mes amis!

Merci beaucoups.

And now we are even better, no longer being in Texas, but in New Mexico!

And here is a work from Carla's current mileu:

CCC_F42165-01-S800.jpg

Douglas A: Kerr: Carla C Crittenden: And there evolved great whales

Best regards,

Doug