• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Where to go from here?

Rachel Foster

I've picked up my camera again, and not surprisingly, I've returned to a comfortable topic but looking at it in an entirely new way. With this image, there is something that definitely appeals to me, but it's "unfinished." I can't share my "arc of intent" because I've not yet figured out what it is (other than I'm enchanted by the "dreamy" quality). I was hoping that others' comments (good, bad, relevant, irrelevant, whatever) might help me achieve the "aha!" moment.

small020.jpg

Jacob Eliana: Unfinished Study of a Weed

ISO 100, 1/30, 2.8, tripod.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I've picked up my camera again, and not surprisingly, I've returned to a comfortable topic but looking at it in an entirely new way. With this image, there is something that definitely appeals to me, but it's "unfinished." I can't share my "arc of intent" because I've not yet figured out what it is (other than I'm enchanted by the "dreamy" quality). I was hoping that others' comments (good, bad, relevant, irrelevant, whatever) might help me achieve the "aha!" moment.

small020.jpg

Jacob Eliana: Unfinished Study of a Weed

ISO 100, 1/30, 2.8, tripod.

Excellent beginning! I love the dreamy effect. Soft is mostly better than hard! Just look again at the whites to be more white, perhaps and the yellows to be a tad cleaner.

Asher

Rachel Foster

Ah, ok! I tried upping the contrast and lightening it, but making it sharper took away the quality I wanted. Selective color manipulation might be the ticket.

Mark Hampton

Rachel, I like the dreamy quality a lot, but I think it's missing an overall increased dynamic range.

Jean

Rachel,

I will disagree with Jean - the DR needs limited - it needs a lightness for me - almost as if it's kissed by the light - floating off the surface of the paper / screen.

can i post a rework ?

cheers

Paul Abbott

A lovely striking image, Rachel. It needed some brightening and I like what Mark has done, to reveal it's ethereal beauty.