• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chairs, Stools, Sofas, Benches

Antonio Correia

@ Tom... I think the legs are from the table, aren't they ?
In spite of being 90 degrees turned.

@ Asher
I suppose these photos were taken in SF... :)
Shallow DOF on the first !

Antonio Correia

Curiously today the stool was not in the same place I left it but here.
I wonder who moved it and why. It is a few meters away from where I took the other images
The Sun is very strong and he temperature very high.
i-M7bbFPW-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Curiously today the stool was not in the same place I left it but here.
I wonder who moved it and why. It is a few meters away from where I took the other images
The Sun is very strong and he temperature very high.
i-M7bbFPW-X2.jpg

It's strange how the stool against the cobblestones seems to make aesthetic sense - when they are so unrelated and even incongruous - and yet this fallen barrier/signage seems foreign!

I wonder if that stool is still there! I'ms love to pack it and ship it back to the USA!!

This is now an important item to me!!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Wolfgang ! :)
This is a place near a restaurant we walk to sometimes. We have to climb 74 steps to come to this top after 2 kilometers walk.
I saw this couple and asked them to let me take their picture which they not only allowed but also asked me to take a similar shot with the young girl's camera.
I spoke Portuguese of course. He was Portuguese and could understand but she was from an ex-URSS country so, I spoke in English.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jean,

So nice to hear from you again.

Two very nice images.

Somehow, I almost think that the second one (Gray Day Chair) is my favorite. I think I am put off by the relentless blueness (other than for the chair itself) of Snow Storm Surprise.

Very nice work. Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Jean Henderson

Hey, Jean. Where have you been? How have you been? What, when with whom?

Been in the same Connecticut spot. Am now doing well again considering all that has gone on in my life the past two years. Took on custody of my now 8 year old granddaughter two years ago, but she has helped me through the last October death of my son. Just getting back photographic mojo back again!

Jean

Jean Henderson

Hi, Jean,

So nice to hear from you again.

Two very nice images.

Somehow, I almost think that the second one (Gray Day Chair) is my favorite. I think I am put off by the relentless blueness (other than for the chair itself) of Snow Storm Surprise.

Very nice work. Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your kind words.

As someone from New Mexico, where the light is so wonderful year round, I can well appreciate your comment about the "relentless blueness" of a winter storm. Those sunless days are sometimes hard to take even for a born and bred Maniac! But the gloriousness of the sun lit winter wonderland that comes afterwards brightens the spirits despite the cold... It's also why spring is so longed for up here. YOu have, though given me the idea of playing with the color temp just to see what ahppens to it if warmed up a bit. Might turn out to be interesting.

Jean

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Antonio
I saw this couple and asked them to let me take their picture which they not only allowed but also asked me to take a similar shot with the young girl's camera.

That's what I learned from a regional well known photographer, who often shoots street pictures.
Ask them and they will work with you ...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

... waiting for guests ...

Beautiful and telling picture, Wolfgang. That blue color of the window is pretty much my favorite and I mixed one very close to that for my previous home, a California version of an English Tudor. It was merely about 1,500 square ft but I opened the attic and made a second floor! That color took me two weeks to finally perfect and that paint job lasted over ten years!

I notice your glasses are upside down. That's logical to keep the dust out. Here they have to be upright for some reason! Never made sense to me if one prepares the table much in advance.

I see organization with identically colored notes on a board! Mine would have scraps of paper from the edges of magazines and the back of receipts or paper table napkins, LOL! Did you make that serving hatch? Pretty useful!

I have never seen any home hanging 7 ladles! Do you have a set of 7 servants to serve everyone at once?

Thanks for let us peep into your lovely home!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Oh my god, Asher, that's not our home ... *lol*
Indeed we are a numerous family, but that would be too much to serve ... although we just past two days with our familymembers (over 30 persons splitted in two events - and thanks God it's over :)) ), no ... it's a restaurant-snap made in Lévanto, Cinqueterre, in Italy.

Doug Kerr

I notice your glasses are upside down. That's logical to keep the dust out. Here they have to be upright for some reason!

Every châtelaine has her own protocol. Here, for every meal, the place settings include a small spoon whether or not there is any manifest need for it given the menu. It is very reassuring.

Best regards,

Doug