• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Playing In The Rain

James Lemon

i-XsW2HHN-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

James,

This is new for you. Everything you do seems to be so well defined. Here it’s soft and that is surprising, but I like the movement in the rain. I want more!

I have been harshly, (but perhaps deservedly), taken to account for asking certain groups of powerful pictures to each be shown on their own.

Here, this is mysterious.

Some more would help to make a story or complete the mood.

Tell me you have more!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

This is new for you. Everything you do seems to be so well defined. Here it’s soft and that is surprising, but I like the movement in the rain. I want more!

I have been harshly, (but perhaps deservedly), taken to account for asking certain groups of powerful pictures to each be shown on their own.

Here, this is mysterious.

Some more would help to make a story or complete the mood.

Tell me you have more!

Asher

Hello Asher

Something new that I am experimenting with and excited about producing more when I have the opportunity. However my outings are few and far between because of other commitments that take up all my time. Except for the occasional Sunday.

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

I do love the rich plum red colorvof that treecin the bg and the yellow Parker of the woiluld-be fisherman is certainly eye-catching.

It works!

But please share with us what your decision making is. Is it one day you take one camera and another day you take the Leica Monochrom?

Or you have both! On occasions like this one, you specifically have chosen to celebrate the rich colors found here. On other times, you might want to just exploit tonalities, shadow and texture, you grab the Leica Monochrom?

Here, if you had chosen B&W, we would have, unfortunately lost any idea of the plum-red tree, but then, there would be an advantage, perhaps, that the steel play equipment would be more subtle.

James Lemon

I do love the rich plum red colorvof that treecin the bg and the yellow Parker of the woiluld-be fisherman is certainly eye-catching.

It works!

But please share with us what your decision making is. Is it one day you take one camera and another day you take the Leica Monochrom?

Or you have both! On occasions like this one, you specifically have chosen to celebrate the rich colors found here. On other times, you might want to just exploit tonalities, shadow and texture, you grab the Leica Monochrom?

Here, if you had chosen B&W, we would have, unfortunately lost any idea of the plum-red tree, but then, there would be an advantage, perhaps, that the steel play equipment would be more subtle.

Hi Asher

Thank you for asking! I don't have a method or any particular preference. I like to experiment with different things. Some of my ideas linger for long periods of time before I act on them. When I do act on them I explore them for longer periods of time if I enjoy what it is I am doing. Shooting with a 50mm lens and monochrome camera was something that lasted for about 5 years. Colour is something new and I don't have any desire to shoot black and white at the present time.. Although I have been entertaining the idea of hybrid process, film and digital for quite sometime now, I have not committed to it yet. I am currently enjoying my Fuji system.

i-smvpXqr-L.jpg

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher

Thank you for asking! I don't have a method or any particular preference. I like to experiment with different things. Some of my ideas linger for long periods of time before I act on them. When I do act on them I explore them for longer periods of time if I enjoy what it is I am doing. Shooting with a 50mm lens and monochrome camera was something that lasted for about 5 years.

But then why not a Leica Digital with color?

Colour is something new and I don't have any desire to shoot black and white at the present time.. Although I have been entertaining the idea of hybrid process, film and digital for quite sometime now, I have not committed to it yet. I am currently enjoying my Fuji system.

i-smvpXqr-L.jpg

Which Fuji?

Can you explain what the guy is doing almost on the ground!

Asher

James Lemon

But then why not a Leica Digital with color?

i-smvpXqr-L.jpg

Which Fuji?

Can you explain what the guy is doing almost on the ground!

Asher

Hello Asher

I have not been interested in the small Leica cameras only full frame. The SL does not offer much in the way of lenses and the M system has to have the rangefinder calibrated from time to time this can take a long while when sent to factory.

The Fuji system has a huge selection of lenses and awesome AF abilities and apparently the new XT3 is even better with more focus points than the XT2. They also make great glass. The sensor and processor.
These are the heart and brains of the X-T3, and they’re both a real step forward in terms of dynamics, IQ and speed.

The person in the photo is riding a Zip line that is set up in the park for kids!

i-hvHcDmf-L.jpg

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

James,

I switched to Fuji but went with the GFX MF and happy at that choice!

I may get a Panosonic 4/3 body just for birds!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

I switched to Fuji but went with the GFX MF and happy at that choice!

I may get a Panosonic 4/3 body just for birds!

Asher

That is an awesome camera from what I have read about it. I am intrigued by medium format for its shallow depth of field and I/Q . Fuji is currently offering some attractive deals with with various lenses. choices. Maybe I should by myself a Xmas present?

Best, regards
James