• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: New Intuos4 tablets from Wacom

Cem_Usakligil

Wacom have started shipping their newest generation tablets, the Intuos4.
See here for an introduction and details of what's new are here. The press release is here.

I have been in the market for a tablet for a while since my good old Intuos2 was really showing it's age. Some of the new features of Intuos4 (such as the Express Keys with OLED displays and the Speed Ring) were interesting enough to tip me over. I have gone ahead and ordered one (size medium = A5 wide). It will be here tomorrow and I'll let you know how it performs.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

The Wacom Tablet is a great tool as it allows pressure sensitive adjustments as one paints or draws. I have been thinking about the ones with the LCD screen. That seems particularly attractive. However, I've never used one.

Asher

You never gave your review Cem and I am curious as to how you liked the tablet. My wife bought me the large model for Christmas and I am looking forward to its arrival.
James

James, thanks for bringing this post back. My Wacom tablet has been around the block a few times, and would like to get a newer model if Cem's experience was good.

Cem, did you like the new tablet?