• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

let's see what u have under that hood..

fahim mohammed

p505081676.jpg

Hi Fahim,

Well done. It's a nice composition, and the desaturation had me wondering for a brief moment whether it was snow or desert...

Cheers,
Bart

Hi,

I don't really understand what this pictures represents... but composition is definitively intrigiushing and well done. I like also b&w treatment.

Regards,

Cedric

fahim mohammed

Hi Cedric.

Appreciate you looking in. Just tire tracks in the sand. Let's leave its interpretation to the viewers.

What does it represent to you?

Regards.

Hi,

I don't really understand what this pictures represents... but composition is definitively intrigiushing and well done. I like also b&w treatment.

Regards,

Cedric

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
An answer to Cedric!

I like the simple form of the picture and the conflict of tracks crossing. This image is really fitting for you, Cedric to consider in amongst your own words where you look at the role of people in a modern city context. Here's a simple version of that kind of look at man and industrial civilization to ask not "What are we?", as Sartre might do, but "What's our journey about, it's intent and purpose?"

We see powerful tracks, but where are they going? This is a social and existentialist question. Really this is part of your own world of thinking but baked in the desert sun so all that remains is the barest thread of the ideas. We have to re-weave this to some fabric we can relate to, as we ponder and revisit the ideas around the ghosts of these journeys written in the sand.

Asher

Sorry, i had badly interpreted Bart's comment : i first saw tire tracks in the desert, but i believed there was another thing i didn't see in this pic. It is the end of a hard week of work, my brain is slow and lazy tonight...