• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Bring it on..."

Nill Toulme

080906-AYSA10b-157_std.jpg

Canon 1DMkIIn, 400 f/2.8L IS, ISO 200 1/2000 f/3.2

Complete match with EXIF and slideshow here.

Nill

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nill,

This is powerfully composed. One's eyes have to be riveted on the goalie. It might be even more powerful if the picture is a crop and could be uncropped. That wat the power of a small fixed point, the goalie, becomes even stronger as the ration of the space in the rest of hte picture seems to overwhelm this one small figure who fixes our attention. Anyway, I'm impressed and I enjoy the picture. The title, "Bring it on!", is perfect!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Nill

what a determined child and as you know I so love these kinds of expression-it is humanity is it not
would have loved to see this goalie up close and personal in the shot-is there a way that you could bring forward that beautiful boy* great catch!!

Charlotte-

Nill Toulme

Thanks Charlotte. Here's another somewhat similar shot, along with a couple more of what I think is that same player.

080906-AYSA10b-162_std.jpg

080906-AYSA10b-151_std.jpg

080906-AYSA10b-153_std.jpg

Nill

Charlotte Thompson

Nill
Oh those are so wonderful and I do know how hard it is to capture such shots-I was right- the boy is very determined-and you also caught his talent- I know -my boys played this game through high school- so I know a player who "wants" to play and so do you-
I especially love the last 3-they are spot on cool- this is a hard genre you have but from the looks of it you are the one who is very talented at soccer!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nill,

It's personal energy that really brings us to new places. I am enjoying so much the sequence of pictures of this little fellow going after that ball. He's impressive, agile, determined and fearless! You have captured his essence! That's what we all must do with our own photography!

Asher

doug anderson

Nill: great sequence. Tell me, did you use focus tracking, or are these independent shots? Your composition is intuitive and quick.

Nill Toulme

Well, when shooting sports I always use focus tracking in the sense of using AI servo, but I don't use focus tracking across the frame, I always use the center AF point.

I'm not sure whether these were part of a burst sequence or independent shots. I do it both ways.

Nill