• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Rule of Thirds

Chris Calohan

I wanted to be bothered by the telegraph wires and they still nag at me a bit. It wasn't until I opened it in Flickr that the details in the foreground came to light and sort of smoothed out the lines as distracting.

Michael Nagel

I wanted to be bothered by the telegraph wires and they still nag at me a bit. It wasn't until I opened it in Flickr that the details in the foreground came to light and sort of smoothed out the lines as distracting.
Thanks. The bright background here does indeed not help for this kind of picture.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yesterday, riding the train back from the mountains, I had this view:

This is exceptional Michael. I hope you can hunt for more with such abstract skies. Having both setail and space to imagine is a powerful basis for an engaging picture.

I'd wager that you wouldn't destroy it, even with substantial cropping as here the content is powered by it's parsimonious, but finely detailed presence.

Asher