• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

the strangeness in nature

Charlotte Thompson

Interesting enough during a rain storm sitting on my beautiful covered deck I decide to take some shots of the rain from different vantage points for overlay work-I do this all the time- I mixed a shot of rain falling on a plastic top amd also from ginger leaves-blackberry vines- background stuff as I said
well when I looked at them on the computer I found faces-combined with water on plastic and blackberry vines overlayed them- can you find some faces? the hidden eyes?

alligator-
DSC_0610.jpg

find the faces-

collage4-1.jpg

collage3.jpg

Finding faces in natural forms is a very human thing to do. I believe the technical term for it is para-eidolia or pareidolia; I've seen both spellings.

Like other aspects of the human condition it has a light side and a dark side. Charlotte Thompson's picture is a delight. It enchants and entertains. That's the good side.

The dark side has a religious movement generated by an image of the virgin Mary found in a water stain on a church wall. Or the face of Jesus discovered in a half burnt taco that sells for thousands on eBay!

Charlotte Thompson

Maris

thank you- I never knew those hidden faces had a name and I am for sure going to look up that information you gave me-
yes that taco shell and the virgin mary on ebay is just so silly-

Charlotte-