• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Thought

antoncarstens

Alet.jpg

I have been asked to put this pic up here for crit. I scanned it it on my scanner and there is no info whatsoever on what cemera time ect. I call it Thought. Taken in London many years ago. Lady was on a action cricket tour. I like the lighting and the facial expresion. Also you can see the advert outside the train. Also the age of the train is interesting. OK ALL rules broken here but going for the artistic look.

Anton

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Anton,

For some reason, that link does not result in the image being displayed in your message (at least not on my browser).

But the link seems to work when I paste it into my browser address bar.

A very nice shot.

I like the story with the pic on ODP.

Is this cute girl still in your life?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Anton,

http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/forum/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=181440&nocache=1

Mybee this will work
Help! How do I get a picture on this site.

Just like you tried the first time, except that there can't be any "steering" - the URL must actually be for the image file.

Like this:

zebra50.jpg

Anton Carstens Zebies

You can just pick that up from the displayed image on that site (that's what I did). With my browser, I just right click on the displayed image and select "Copy image location". Then I just Paste it into my message (between the
tags).

A hint: the teacher likes 'em centered!

Best regards,

Doug

Is this what you are trying to do/post..... ?
Alet.jpg

I used your link and right clicked (pc thing) and 'copy image url'.. the result was a jpg..

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Obviously Anton, she's not perfectrly happy! She does look like she is thinking. She's resting but the position of her eyes looking to the right, suggests thought. Of course, this could be a chance dissection of some other expression. We recognize it as thinking because we assume that this is held for some time.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Anton, the lady obviously can afford to travel first class. The casual clothes would imply that she is not going to work in an office. Maybe she has a private business. The magazine might have given something to think about..a new business venue? The train compartment is empty so not many people traveling to her destination at this time of the day. I t is obviously summer..the clothes, the overblown sunlight outside the window. Unless the photo was cropped significantly, I would say made with a 50mm lens as
the perspective seems natural.

Captures a thoughtful moment in an otherwise seemingly contented life! A personal photograph.