• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Amazing - Incredible - Multimedia Gallery

David J. Eves

Hello my friends; Hello Asher; long time no type in here. Sorry - but life is full of twists & turns etc.

As photographers we are always looking for some way to stand out and display our images and such. I've always kept my eyes out for gallery or multimedia displays that are 'different' that stand out. Coppermine has always been my favorite choice for many years.

Recently however - always searching - I came to a person named CosmosCoder; Instantly I was transfixed at his work. This stunning - most impressive gallery is an amazing display of one man's imagination which is nothing short of pure creative genius!

For best results use firefox; safari or google chome or opera! the difference will be overwhelming if you use Internet Explorer 8. It just doesn't look the same it doesn't work the same and stuff is missing!

This gallery is Html 5 and CSS3 It is super simple to set up. Just swap his files for yours and change the names in the *.xml config file and it is all finished ready to work right on your desktop.

This gallery operates in two different modes: COVERFLOW or THUMBNAILS

I am using the basic setup. Categories & buttons can be introduced through the html & xml files to initiate a filtering process to separate your photos, audios and videos.

The bad part is: This costs a mere $15.00
Well worth the effort to make a brilliant visual statement of pure eye-candy.

I sure would be interested to hear what you have to say .. Have fun & enjoy!

Dance-stepsS.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Glad to see you back. The thumbnail pictures don't seem to have controls for forward or backward, so it's a little awkward to use! Am I missing the controls?

Who is that guy in the white wind jacket?

Asher

David J. Eves

Hello Asher, let me post a couple of screen shots.

The coverflow is operated either by clicking on the images and they will advance.

The thumbnails open to reveal what is inside.

What browser are you using Asher ??

This is the thumbnail view. The person in the white jacket ? Upper left ? That is MarkAndrew my 2nd oldest. He is the MA in Majik

If you click on that slide. It will open to display a much larger image.

You can also click on photo or audio or video and it will only display those categories.

thumb.jpg

This is the cover flow mode below. A list is underneath everything. Go to the list. click on something once and it is selected to the front when you scroll back up top. Or double click and it will open to the image or audio or the video. It also has a slider and.. .. if you just click on photos that are behind others they will come to the front.

cover.jpg

thumb.jpg

cover.jpg

Asher Kelman

David,

I already got that far with the interface fine! The issue that is bothersome is that when one has an enlarged thumbnail, one cannot simple click an arrow to go to the next image in the sequence without going back to the thumbs!

Post pictures here, anyway so we can comment. Just 1or two at a time.

Asher

David J. Eves

Ok Asher; now I understand what you were speaking about. um, I agree it would be an option to consider adding to this fine gallery.

I don't quite understand what you meant about the pic of the white man in the wind?

Are you speaking about the cartoon I inserted ? or the photo of my son Mark ?

BTW: What web browser are you using ?

Asher Kelman

Ok Asher; now I understand what you were speaking about. um, I agree it would be an option to consider adding to this fine gallery.

I don't quite understand what you meant about the pic of the white man in the wind?

Are you speaking about the cartoon I inserted ? or the photo of my son Mark ?

BTW: What web browser are you using ?

Your son Mark! Post those pictures here!

Asher