• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographing Chicago

Bob Rogers

I'll be in Chicago for a couple days later this year. I'm staying near the Hancock Tower. I've been to Chicago before, more than once, so I'm sort of familiar in a general way. I've taken the tours and been to the touristy places.

So what I'm interested in is finding out about "hidden gems." Good photographic opportunities that the typical tourist wouldn't find. Not too far from Hancock -- assuming the weather is nice I'll be walking.

I like photographing "city" things -- buildings and other man-made stuff.

Oh, and if you have any suggestions on a good place for breakfast, that would be great. Last time I ate at the West Egg, and it was fantastic, but that's about 8 blocks south.

I was going to offer the following but then thought better of it. Please ignore...

If you are there on election day, you can photograph dead people being carried in and out of the polls.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Winston,

I was going to offer the following but then thought better of it. Please ignore...

If you are there on election day, you can photograph dead people being carried in and out of the polls.
Vote early and often.

Just like marrying in Texas.

Best regards,

Doug