• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

White/black background forum or the stubborn Portuguese strikes again

Antonio Correia

I went to DGrin and - it looks like the same software as we use here - what have I seen ?

In Dgrin if we go to Quick Links and then into Edit Options we find the window Miscellaneous Options and inside the Message Editor Interface and the Forum Skin

Here we don't have the same options inside the Forum Skin

Indeed we do have others which doesn't allow us to have a black background.

The Forum Skin allow us to change ... the Forum Skin. :)

Now, I kindly ask the Administrators of this Forum to make that Forum Skin available for everybody with the option black background and white text.

Everybody would be happy.

Those who like white, those who like black and those who like other options. Right ?
Right.

Is is possible ? No ? Is it not ? OK. I will keep crying.
Yes, it is possible ? Better. Fantastic. Great. Then I will be smilling.

Thank you both ways.:)
Have a Healthy 2009.

These screen shots are from Dgrin !

447402866_tzDPG-M.jpg
447402782_J84Rz-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

This current feature set for OPF has been designed to follow a theme and be artistically consistent. At this time, we do have a lot of pressing matters which take up a lot of design time. If we do ever open things up for some other reason, then you could set it to purple if you so chose! The present color scheme is our branding and important to us.

Can we put this aside and you'll make me happy! You can always add a modest and low density charcoal border to your pictures. That and several spaces before and after an image will allow it to command it's own ambience, I promise you. See how you can manage with that for now. What will count the most is not the b.g. but the quality of the picture.

If any picture moves me, I might look at in on a black or grey background as a small image on my full screen. As part of a text filled page, however, it's another matter. The solution is to show wonderful pictures and I'll always see them on a grey or black b.g. and take my time doing so.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio,

This current feature set for OPF has been designed to follow a theme and be artistically consistent. At this time, we do have a lot of pressing matters which take up a lot of design time. If we do ever open things up for some other reason, then you could set it to purple if you so chose! The present color scheme is our branding and important to us.

Can we put this aside and you'll make me happy! You can always add a modest and low density charcoal border to your pictures. That and several spaces before and after an image will allow it to command it's own ambience, I promise you. See how you can manage with that for now. What will count the most is not the b.g. but the quality of the picture.

If any picture moves me, I might look at in on a black or grey background as a small image on my full screen. As part of a text filled page, however, it's another matter. The solution is to show wonderful pictures and I'll always see them on a grey or black b.g. and take my time doing so.

Asher

Great. :) Have a Healthy 2009 ! :)
Thank you. :)