• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My Canon 5d Mark II

John Sheehy

How is this different than shooting raw+jpeg simultaneously (which I would recommend Rachel to do anyway till she can get the raw converter and the firmware installed), except for delivering results in one file rather than in two separate ones? I also fear that extracting the HQ jpeg from the raw would be an issue to many people, with two files it is immediately useable.

RAW + JPG is a royal PITA when it comes to culling and reviewing images, and takes up far more space than an embedded HQ JPEG would, because you have no choice but to have the large, MQ embedded JPEG in the RAW.

With embedded JPEGs, I just look through the card, deleting worthless shots, and then just move the survivors to disk. No non-deleted RAWs lying around, needing their own culling.

Rachel Foster

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You should SEEEEE how close I cropped an image and still got crisp! I'm LOVING this thing.

And ISO? 6400 and minimal noise! Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thank you, Fahim. And...be careful what you wish for!

Yeah, down size them first!
icon12.gif

Congratulations on the new tool.

Bart