• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

This just in...

OK, maybe not just in. How about 28 years ago. I really had no idea where to post this so here is where I landed. I found this in a box I had in my garage that had not been opened in many, many years. It's old, worn, yellowed, and rough around the edges (like me) but it still packs a punch and brought back vivid memories when I saw it. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when this all happened. I was young, just recently out of the military, and had an extremely loyal view of our President at that time so this event had a definite, strong and lasting effect on me. I don't think I would have held on to it this long otherwise. I have another paper from 1948 and today I was reading the classifieds in it trying to find a job. They were looking for welders and pipe fitters in Arabia back then and Truman was President. $45 per week sounds pretty good.
James Newman

01-28-09.jpg