• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

To the OPF family

Rachel Foster

Christmas tends to dominate the month of December. Although we celebrate different holidays during this season, and some celebrate none at all, I would like to call on one aspect of the “Christmas spirit” that, to me, is the finest part of the holiday. Christmas serves as a time to reflect on the people in our lives and express our appreciation for our families and friends. . Well, I’ve made friends here, and OPF is a family of sorts. So, this is my expression of appreciation for the OPF membership.

Like all families, we sometimes have squabbles. We have our “black sheep.” We disagree, clash, and yet we form a community, one that is primarily characterized by mutual respect and courtesy. That’s very unusual on the internet, and even more so when you consider the nature of our shared “task:” giving critiques of each other’s work.

So, happy holidays to the OPF family, whichever you do or do not celebrate. I offer a Cherokee Christmas greeting: Ulihelisdi danistayohihv. (Literally translated it means today we go shooting, a reference to the upcoming feast for the day.)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Happy Holidays

Whatever you celebrate, Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men and Women, Black and White or color, Landscape, Commerical, People, Journalist,Large, Medium and APS Formats, Fim and Digital, Nikon, Canon, Mac and PC - whatever your pleasure: Wishing you a peaceful and serene Holiday Season.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rachel,

Very best wishes for however we want to characterize this wondrous season.

And Carla wishes you
Welcome_firecrackers_01.gif
too!

(I'm not always comfortable with my Cherokee spelling, so be kind!)

By the way, some experts translate that as "welcome (even more literally, 'joy [for]') the shooting of firecrackers" (a hallmark of the observed Christmas practice of the "Europeans" - probably first observed in the pre Trail-of-Tears homeland).

Best regards,

Doug

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Like all families, we sometimes have squabbles. We have our “black sheep.” We disagree, clash, and yet we form a community, one that is primarily characterized by mutual respect and courtesy. That’s very unusual on the internet, and even more so when you consider the nature of our shared “task:” giving critiques of each other’s work.

Exactly Rachel
Very well said…
I take the opportunity to thank here all OPFers but in a more particular strong feeling some friends of all of us such as Asher of Course for his patience with me, Sean for his hidden but huge work behind the stage, Ken Tanaka for his always well documented and accurate comments, Fahim for his enthusiasm and love for journeys, all of you for posting, commenting or just being there.

Now's the turn to Bart van der Wolf, Michael Fontana and Cem Usakligil for all the research we've done together. Sometimes online in OPF and sometimes privately…
Thanks to Opf to have permit us to meet, I could largely improve my tech skills… These guys are just brilliant!

The last months and particularly the first 5 month of 2009 have been really difficult for us as advertising agency and by consequence as photographer…

Our reaction to the crisis and to the unmatched amount of competitors chasing our clients with ridiculous rates, have been to increase the quality of our work, being always more demanding with ourselves, keeping are rates to their level, and yes, in some cases even increasing them. We also have extended our niche with quite success to the architecture photography… some stuff already published in magazines (including cover page) in France and Italy, some Interior designers and architects hiring me, some beautifull jobs forseen (700 sq. meters appartment in center of Paris, a tower building in South of France to name a few… 2 niches are better than one only.
Believe it or not, we're now overwhelmed with work to the point that we can't get any holidays in this end of year period as we have to satisfy past and new clients… Tomorrow will be a day at work :-D

You know may understand why you've not seen a lot of post of mine for a while, I'm jsut too busy to have time for that, but I try to follow the threads, seeing that OPF i still active.

So everyone here at OPF, I wish you the best of the best, as an atheist I have nothing else -but what a hope!- than joy, success, health, motivation and creativity with your own photography for the upcoming year!

Love your neighbor and keep both your eyes and your mind opened!

Cheers to all

PS in January we'll have our stand at the Dusseldorf Boot (23. - 31.1. 2010 if you're around, please visit us!) and just before a 3 days shoot of a 86 footer in the Red Sea (Egypt side), I guess I'll post some pics…

fahim mohammed

++1 all what they said and more of the same heartfelt season's greetings to you all.

p.s Nicolas for his love of the sea/ocean and the yatchs that sail on them.

Regards.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rachel,

You're right...I've heard both translations. Either works for me. I prefer the idea of feast, though!

Certainly works better for me, and we will really have one here (actually the day after Christmas, for logistic reasons).

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A special dedication for the OPF family:

Louis Armstrong´s "What a wonderful world"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jo29zxDaQ4&feature=related

Season´s Greetings everyone!

Warm regards,

Ruben

This is a great reminder of the good we are blessed with. There's so much we don't have, of course. Things happen that are not fair or downright cruel. Somehow we have to embrace the good vibrations so we can meet the next day and the new year with all the love and hope we can muster. So I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year and for those celebrating Christmas, may the day bring you and your family the joy of the festival.

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Happy Christmas Everyone!

I've been exceptionally busy too this last few weeks, with little time to participate (sorry) but wanted to send my best wishes to everyone for a happy & healthy New Year. Hopefully I'll have more time by late January and will be able to share some new work then....

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Me too

Most of you have followed my journey from amateur to studio owner so I too have been absent from posting more than I would like. So much to learn and things to do. A little piece of each of you is in the brick walls of my studio. You have all given me a piece of knowledge that hangs on the walls.

Thank you!