• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: New Year Moon

StuartRae

Rather than trying to capture the moon as large as possible, I zoomed out to get the halo surrounding it. Several shots with varying degrees of success.

moon-halo.jpg

Here's wishing you all a happy and peaceful New Year.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Stuart,

looks pretty successful from here! I like the ring of ? chromatic aberration as an emphasizing effect and acting to balance out the circularity of the moon. It's an effective picture. That redness makes the moon to be an eye looking back at us!

Asher

Richard Peters

Nice. I was going to try and get some shots of it as it was just peaking out through the clouds like in your shot when I finished work at 1230 last night. By the time I got home though it was all clouded over :(

StuartRae

looks pretty successful from here!

I rapidly reached the conclusion that it was impossible to get detail on the moon and at the same time capture the halo, so I cheated - sort of.
I may have overdone the PS processing, as by that time I was well into celebrating the New Year with my 16 yo Lagavulin. Processing under the influence :)

I was going to try and get some shots of it as it was just peaking out through the clouds like in your shot
Hi Richard,
It's clear and cloudless tonight, at least here in Wiltshire, and the moon is big and orange. Give it a go.

Regards,

Stuart