• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Michaelskirche

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Freshly renovated church in Munich, stitched from 4 shots with hugin, local contrast enhanced (OK, this was a little heavy-handed).

Michael,

4 horizontal images? I'm wondering how you deal with the people and getting people twice? Anyway, the church is impressive. Great to see restorations like this. Munich should send a friendship team to get Venice to look after its antiquities too!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

this was from 4 shots in landscape orientation rotating upwards. Only the lowest, first shot had people, so I got around this pitfall ;)

The entire facade had scaffolding in front of it during renovation, so this was the first time I saw it again without. A nice thing is the habit to cover the scaffolding with cloth that has the image of the facade printed on it (to scale). This is a far better sight than the far too frequent ads in such situations.

Best regards,
Michael