• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Adobe Acrobat Reader 8

With all the news about LR, CS3 and MarkIII I kinda missed this rather important update of the omnipresent great free software.
Version 8 is better and safer. Highly recommended!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
PDF to text editor Barier!

With all the news about LR, CS3 and MarkIII I kinda missed this rather important update of the omnipresent great free software.
Version 8 is better and safer. Highly recommended!

So what's the difference. I didn't notice any problems with the previous version. Was this Windows™ issue?

The real thing I'd want is to be able to cut and paste text. The PDF barrier is a pain!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
You can copy text from apdf file with the Acrobat reader, just select the text cursor tool and drag/select the text you want to copy and paste it in any word processor.
If you want to paste texte into an Acrpobat file you neeed to have the full version, and even with the full version it is not very easy.
Acrobat is not a text EDITOR!
This great software has been designed so every computer with every system, Mac, Wondows, Unix, Linux etc. can show the exact text/illustration keeping intact the layout of the designer.
It is a one way vector of communication and it does very well.

So useful i.e. for advertising agency to send thru Internet to clients, layaouts of brochures, books ads for approval. They don't have to edit, just comment or approve…

It safely embed any exotic font so you can print it with any printer…

It is a real jewel when used for what it has been designed for…

As any file that you can send thru internet, some stupid ones may embed viruses or whatever they want so ti is spreaded in your computer when opened, Adobe is working hard every day to find new solutions to protect our computers (mostly Windows).

So what's the difference. I didn't notice any problems with the previous version. Was this Windows™ issue?
Version 6&7 were prone to malicious attacks via Reader executing arbitrary javascript passed via command line. So you could simply visit a "bad" website, open PRF document from there thinking that nothing bad could happen and ...
It's fixed in this version.
It also better in some other ways (fillable forms, etc)
HTH