• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Good bye my old friend… Seriously for sale

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi all
I sell my old (not so old after all!) friend EOS 1DS Mark III.

I need some new glass for the new Pentax 645D and still have a young EOS 5D Mark II as back-up and 500 mm holder, so it's time to give you the opportunity to get an affordable beautiful camera… ; )

The body has some small scratches (the more obvious being on the DS and Mark II gold logos) but not that much, sensor is clean as it can be, everything is in order and ready to use.
I don't know haw many actuations, I guess a bit less than 100,000…

Canon EOS 1DS Mark III comes with:Original box, strap, video cable, USB cable, battery charger, 1 spare battery, 110/200v AC adapter with DC coupler, Ec-S Focusing Screen (plus original screen as well), 3 Canon DVDs (softwares)
All manuals except English… can be dowloaded there:
http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_1ds_mark_iii#BrochuresAndManuals

Bought on January 31, 2008
Of course I do have the original invoice…

Price 3600 Euros + shipping
Payment thru bank transfer or Paypal (add 4% for paypal fees)

• 21.1 Megapixel
• Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
• 3.0" LCD with Live View
• 5 fps Burst
• Dual DIGIC III Image Processor
• Self-Cleaning Sensor
• Fast AF system
• Picture Style Settings
• Weather Resistant Body
• Accepts UDMA CF Cards

_MG_8806_1000.jpg

More images of the beast here.

PM me if interested

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

It's tough to lose good friends one has enjoyed photography with on a high level. So I do feel for you saying goodbye to this stellar 1D III Canon flagship camera.

For those whose may not know Nicolas as yet, he's an award winning much exhibited photography of modern architecture covering major luxury ocean going luxury yachts to Frank Gehry architectural masterpieces. He's a most reliable and careful photographer and dealing with him is as safe as the Rock of Gibraltar I'd have no hesitation in buying any equipment from him, as he's honest, straightforward and a pleasure to deal with!

Not that Nicolas asked for or needs by endorsement, but I like to say good things about folk who've earned my deepest admiration and respect.

Asher

nicolas claris

Bonsoir Asher mon ami,
thanks for the kind words : )
Yes it is hard to say good bye to this companion, we shared very important life moments together and it's a reliable tool… but three bodies are really not necessary and I do need to buy these pieces of glass for the 645D.
I'll post some good stuff soon, some done and then some to be shot in June and July…

Amitiés

nicolas claris

Bump !
Today I add to the list :
TS-E L 17 mm f/4....................1500 € plus shipping - mint, almost brand new
EF L IS USM 500 mm f/4 ........4500 € plus shipping - always been protected with rubber cloth (white), glass lens in perfect condition - some small scratches on the body - Original hard case and leaflet.

My preferred babies but they don't fit on the Pentax 645D !

Hi all

I need some new glass for the new Pentax 645D and still have a young EOS 5D Mark II as back-up and 500 mm holder, so it's time to give you the opportunity to get an affordable beautiful camera… ; )

The body has some small scratches (the more obvious being on the DS and Mark II gold logos) but not that much, sensor is clean as it can be, everything is in order and ready to use.

Canon EOS 1DS Mark III comes with:Original box, strap, video cable, USB cable, battery charger, 1 spare battery, 110/200v AC adapter with DC coupler, Ec-S Focusing Screen (plus original screen as well), 3 Canon DVDs (softwares)
http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_1ds_mark_iii#BrochuresAndManuals

• 21.1 Megapixel
• Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
• 5 fps Burst
• Self-Cleaning Sensor
• Fast AF system
• Picture Style Settings
• Weather Resistant Body
• Accepts UDMA CF Cards

_MG_8806_1000.jpg

PM me if interested

Asher Kelman

Just to put this in persecutive, this is worth looking at for US buyers too. That wonderful 17mm TSE is $2300 at B&H whereas this one is just ~ $1820 as the Euro is very low to the US dollar right now.

I doubt there's a better source for this lens anywhere on the planet!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Bonsoir Nicolas.
ca va mon ami.

Indeed, old friends are a treasure. Nicolas is a wonderful photog,;but more importantly, for me,
a wonderful wonderful person.

I am too old to swing these cams from a helicopter Nicolas, but I wish you, your family and crew
the very best always.

With the warmest regards.

p.s. this is excellent equipment at excellent prices.

nicolas claris

Just to put this in persecutive, this is worth looking at for US buyers too. That wonderful 17mm TSE is $2300 at B&H whereas this one is just ~ $1820 as the Euro is very low to the US dollar right now.

I doubt there's a better source for this lens anywhere on the planet!

Asher

Indeed Asher !
and as a matter of fact I messed up with taxes, but I'll leave the prices as is for OPFers!

Plus I'll make a 10% discount for the one who takes the 1DS3 and theses 2 lenses…

nicolas claris

Bonsoir Nicolas.
ca va mon ami.

Indeed, old friends are a treasure. Nicolas is a wonderful photog,;but more importantly, for me,
a wonderful wonderful person.

I am too old to swing these cams from a helicopter Nicolas, but I wish you, your family and crew
the very best always.

With the warmest regards.

p.s. this is excellent equipment at excellent prices.

Bonsoir Fahim
You make me blush!
Thank you very much for your kind words

Just for you, the real reason why I sell theses jewels… I got new ones :

Shot with the Pentax 645D and smc PENTAX-FA645 80-160mm (@ 160mm) F4.5 last month:

NCL5863.jpg

Asher Kelman

Bonsoir Fahim
You make me blush!
Thank you very much for your kind words

Just for you, the real reason why I sell theses jewels… I got new ones :

Shot with the Pentax 645D and smc PENTAX-FA645 80-160mm (@ 160mm) F4.5 last month:

NCL5863.jpg

That was a bad thing to do! Too good! My family will not be happy!

Asher

nicolas claris

I can deliver in NYC on Nov. 9 or 10….

Hi all

• 21.1 Megapixel
• Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
• 5 fps Burst
• Self-Cleaning Sensor
• Fast AF system
• Picture Style Settings
• Weather Resistant Body
• Accepts UDMA CF Cards

_MG_8806_1000.jpg

PM me if interested

nicolas claris

Again

Taken by time and work I did not really make any effort for this sale…
The 17 and 500 mm are sold but the 1DS Mark III is still on the shelf.
I add to the 1DS Mark III the following lens (They are both in mint condition with original boxes, manuals and pouches) :

EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM 1500 euros
EF14mm f/2.8L II USM 1500 euros
1DS Mark III 2500 euros

All prices plus shipping.

10% discount if you take all !

Hi all

• 21.1 Megapixel
• Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
• 5 fps Burst
• Self-Cleaning Sensor
• Fast AF system
• Picture Style Settings
• Weather Resistant Body
• Accepts UDMA CF Cards

_MG_8806_1000.jpg