• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Favourite pic from 2018

Robert Watcher

I put together a top ten of my favourites from 2018, in three different categories that I am shooting each day - on my Instagram account. These are one of them from each category (screen shots from Instagram):

BLACK & WHITE STREET

0FCF8810-421C-4AA4-988A-89A47DBE7BE2.jpg

COLOUR STREET

57FA7AA9-37EE-49F1-B000-63AB43238620.jpg

LANDSCAPE & SCENIC

66B43884-E508-4150-81F8-62BE37A8CBB7.jpg

Anyone inclined to join in with their fav pic from 2018, should feel free to do so.

————.

Cool photos, Robert. Such interesting photos

As for me, this is perhaps not my best image, but it is my fave simply because I did it in honor of my brother who passed away last January. It was the beginning of the year, which started full of hope, but my heart breaking. I was so sad, and thinking about it now, it makes me sad again, but I think the expression and emotion I conveyed in the image are exactly as I wanted.

mourningtulips.jpg

Jarmo Juntunen

A great selection of pictures. I bring my humble contribution with this picture. I feel great controversy with this image of my daughter. It was taken this June in Salzburg when returning to our hotel after a long stroll in town. She was really really tired and had lost her humours a long time ago. Still, there`s something special in this one.

Interrail_SalzburgIMG_2863.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cool photos, Robert. Such interesting photos

As for me, this is perhaps not my best image, but it is my fave simply because I did it in honor of my brother who passed away last January. It was the beginning of the year, which started full of hope, but my heart breaking. I was so sad, and thinking about it now, it makes me sad again, but I think the expression and emotion I conveyed in the image are exactly as I wanted.

mourningtulips.jpg

Maggie,

This is so fitting and loving. It gives one pause. Only then can we use the loss to increase the value of our own time and appreciation for the breaths, those temporary blooms that are always renewing us, that we can take for granted. Every friend that we assume is doing fine. But when did we last contact them?

I was immediately taken back to the official Warner Bros. video, ”Dance me to the end of love!”.

This is the version starting with a little boy, perhaps 6 years old running our, past a ball, past all the pairntscin bed in a hospital ward..... running away from one deceased man that we don’t see at the outset and only realize after watching the video several times. It’s brilliant.

To me your composition could fit in this video and it would belong forever!

My heartfelt sentiments for your irreparable loss.

......but it’s not the invincible defeat! It’s still a heartbeat, in itself, a reminder that we are visitors!

Asher

Asher Kelman

A great selection of pictures. I bring my humble contribution with this picture. I feel great controversy with this image of my daughter. It was taken this June in Salzburg when returning to our hotel after a long stroll in town. She was really really tired and had lost her humours a long time ago. Still, there`s something special in this one.

Yes, Jarmo, this is a special picture of a fabulous young lady. It’s their in her face and stance, her confidence and potential.

I have only sons and grandsons. I watch them grow and try to figure them out. This young lady is already a person with a will and self worth and full of trust and love!

Bless her!

Asher

Asher Kelman

COLOUR STREET

57FA7AA9-37EE-49F1-B000-63AB43238620.jpg

Robert,

I adore the scene. You caught something so beautiful. Kids take for granted even the best friendships as they seem to arrive.

Asher

Michael Nagel

Happy new year to everybody!

Even if the last year was not very productive, I have a few I actually like.

This one because it cheers me up:

A moment of silence:

Lunar eclipse with a trace of the position lights of a helicopter passing:

Already shown, my favourite b/w last year:

The mountain is the place of (the remains of) the northernmost Glacier of the Alps (and the lowest altitude Glacier), it won't last for long:

He has already a strong will:

Best regards
Michael

Jarmo, To me this image is such a great one as we know how old she is but this image shows us a little girl but that feels like a young woman. There is a feeling of giving the child a big hug and then stepping back and thinking, this is no longer a young child. I think it is because she is on that precipice between both. Lovely!

Maggie,

This is so fitting and loving. It gives one pause. Only then can we use the loss to increase the value of our own time and appreciation for the breaths, those temporary blooms that are always renewing us, that we can take for granted. Every friend that we assume is doing fine. But when did we last contact them?

I was immediately taken back to the official Warner Bros. video, ”Dance me to the end of love!”.

This is the version starting with a little boy, perhaps 6 years old running out, past a ball, past all the paitients in bed in a hospital ward..... running away from one deceased man, that we don’t see at the outset and only realize after watching the video several times. It’s brilliant.

To me your composition could fit in this video and it would belong forever!

My heartfelt sentiments for your irreparable loss.

......but it’s not the invincible defeat! It’s still a heartbeat, in itself, a reminder that we are visitors!

Asher

Thank you Asher,
I knew this song and have heard it several times, but I had never seen this video. It was very touching and I felt like I understood the song even better after seeing it. Thanks for your kind words. :) Maggie

Jarmo Juntunen

Jarmo, To me this image is such a great one as we know how old she is but this image shows us a little girl but that feels like a young woman. There is a feeling of giving the child a big hug and then stepping back and thinking, this is no longer a young child. I think it is because she is on that precipice between both. Lovely!

Thank you Maggie. You're so right about the difficulty of a parent to decide whether he or she is looking at an infant (that's the parents idea) or a near woman/man (that's what they think). Laura has developed a strong will of her own and even though she still crawls to my lap frequently we are already having big fights about almost everything.