• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Gigapan Sale!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There/s a sale on fro the Gigapan Epic, a pano robot that holds your digicam and takes overlapping images ready for stitching into a magnificent panorama. I reviewed this earlier here.

Get the offer here

Asher

note: I have no financial connection with Gigapan other than having available the unit for review. You can use handheld technique of overlapping images of adjacent parts of a scene, a special tripod head and many sophisticated solutions to making sure the angles and positions of the center of front of the lens do not change significantly during the series of pictures being taken.

However, Gigapan epic is a worthy, compact and easy to use robot that does everything for you reliably. you can be more ambitious with closer objects or much larger panoramas than you might otherwise attempt. for this reason only, I do like the Gigapan.