• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Search Button

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sean DeMerchant said:
Hi All,

Are you aware the SEARCH button goes to the contact page?

While I know I can go to google and use ridata site:www.openphotographyforums.com to search for ridata on this site it is not the correct behavior for a search link nonetheless. :)

all the best,

Sean

Hi Sean,

I have tested the search link in the bar above and it drops a dialog box. I type in Ridata and it brings back the search

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=14069

It's possible I don't understand properly the issue or that perhaps just empty your cache and try again? Did you do this from a particular forum.

Asher

Asher Kelman said:
I have tested the search link in the bar above and it drops a dialog box. I type in Ridata and it brings back the search

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=14069

It's possible I don't understand properly the issue or that perhaps just empty your cache and try again? Did you do this from a particular forum.
Hi Asher, :)

I just retested it in IE as I use Firefox (this circumvents the cache and cross browser issues by switching to the least standards complient browser on the market that I know of) and the problem is not the pagewide navigation bar but the primary navigation panel at upper left. No misunderstanding, you searched bottom up and I searched top down for the "search" button.

search_problem.jpg

And this circled link takes me to the CONTACT page.

Additonally, this is not a problem, just a request, but, could we have captions on the rotating banner images on the main pages? I am curious where Alain's "painted desert" image was shot.

thanks, :)

Sean

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks so much Sean! I'm only working on the Forum side! This will have to wait for Nicolas to return to Bordeaux! Thanks for finding it :) Thanks for the captions idea too! We always appreciate feedback.

Asher

Asher Kelman said:
Thanks so much Sean! I'm only working on the Forum side! This will have to wait for Nicolas to return to Bordeaux! Thanks for finding it :) Thanks for the captions idea too! We always appreciate feedback.

You are welcome Asher. :) Thanks for sponsoring the forums. :)

You are welcome for the captions idea too. It came to mind after looking at the various images on the contact page (and others as it is a rotator) and I saw whatever painted desert that was. Obviously, my bias comes to play here as I typically shoot nature as there are some other great shots in the rotation too.

enjoy your day,

Sean