• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Problem With My Mamiya: Mirror Won't Unlock

doug anderson

I've just retrieved by Mamiya from mothballs and cant get it to work. It's been stored for about seven years.

1) the shutter will not fire, even with film in the camera and a new battery.

2) the mirror somehow became locked up and I can't get it to return.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Paul Caldwell

Is it the 645 AFD?
If so, the condition you are in sound like what the camera does when you pull off the back i.e. the shutter goes up and mirror locks.
Does the top LCD show anything?

Only thing I can think of is to check the contacts where the back joins the body to see if the correct contact has been made correctly. And make sure the body has new AA's installed. I guess the cmos style battery has also burned out if you haven't had the camera out for 7 years, and it might control that release of the shutter. Not sure where the cmos battery is located.

Paul Caldwell