• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Suggestion for Yet Another Forum

Mike Spinak

pro member
I was thinking of posting an initial impressions/preliminary review of Visible Dust cleaning supplies, and I don't see a good place for doing so. It occurs to me that I would like if OPF has a Gear Testing & Review forum.

Sorry for suggesting yet another forum!

Mike

www.mikespinak.com

Mary Bull

Mike Spinak said:
I was thinking of posting an initial impressions/preliminary review of Visible Dust cleaning supplies, and I don't see a good place for doing so. It occurs to me that I would like if OPF has a Gear Testing & Review forum.

Sorry for suggesting yet another forum!

Mike

www.mikespinak.com

Mike, it sounds like a good idea.

And as long as you're asking for one, I have an idea for one, too. There's one for photographing humans in motion, and there's one for wildlife. But what about capturing pets in motion?

Just a thought, since Gary and I have been posting photos of our pets today.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We can have as many fora as can be supported. That's why we recently started a Macro forum.

Testing gear would be a great forum. If we can get support, of course.

Animals in action too. However, for now, I'm stymied. Sports included horseriding, but not pigeon races!

Again, let's see how much interest there is? We might be surprised! :)

Asher

Asher Kelman said:
Testing gear would be a great forum. If we can get support, of course.

I would suggest renaming the DSLR Lenses section to just gear, or putting in an Other Gear forum to support cleaning tools, tripod legs, tripod heads, levels, focussing rails, and etcetera if it is done.

That said, I use the Copper Hill wet cleaning gear without major issues. I have on stuck on dust particle that will not go away. But I can live with 1 spot in a corner. And truth be told, for most shooting dust is a non-issue. I just find it is best to clean the sensor before mounting the macro as that is when I use smaller apertures and have large areas of extreme defocus which is where I see sensor dust the most often.

enjoy,

Sean