• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

F-86 Sabre

Don Ferguson Jr.

I think the Sabre is an interesting jet.
Don

1%20of%201_zpsk9xoy4i8.jpg

F35B%201%20of%201_zpsqlrgvulv.jpg

IMG_0638-Edit-Edit_zpsmj4rsls4.jpg

1%20of%201-2_zpsdgkaefft.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Don,

This reminds me of those movies where one discovers that a graceful and powerful soldier is in fact a cyborg! Here we see mundane looking plumbing pipes inside a most fabulous and agile bird of prey!

IMG_0638-Edit-Edit_zpsmj4rsls4.jpg

I am just as taken back that this is not built by magic or Mother Nature, but by clever engineers!

Asher

Asher Kelman

IMG_0710-Edit-2-2_zpsjtkdjxkj.jpg

Wheels up​

I like the space allocated for the plane to fly into!

This is one of the most successful warplanes ever built. Not only did it serve well to provide 10:1 kill ratios to the N Korean MIG fighter planes, but eventually a smuggled clutch of a Canadian derivative, no longer needed by the Luftwaffee, (became sold via Iran, sent for "servicing" in Pakistan but never returned), and formed the main defense against a numerically superior iIndian Airforce in their last two wars!

This is a very well proven plane!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thanks, Asher and I enjoyed seeing the impressive jet.
Don

I think about 6,000 of these were made by Boeing! The Canadian version seems very popular.

There's a plane that could be a fierce opponent, 'cause it was so small it came up on the Pakistanis before they noticed the Indian Airforce Gnat!

Asher