• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Phase One digital back, P 65+

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I wonder what this will do to the prices of the other backs. The P25 seems a good choice. What happens to all the backs taken back by the MFRs? Michael Reichman suggest that the market is about 5,000 new units per year. So there should be about 2500 used backs for sale each year.

Asher

Jack_Flesher

For those interested, here is some revised Phase pricing on the non "+" refurbished backs, this courtesy of Capture Integration:

Along with the announcements today for the P65+ back, PhaseOne has also adjusted the prices of their Refurbished backs. Here they are:

If you want to get a Refurbished System with the PhaseOne 645AFD/80mm lens look at these prices:

P25 RF $13,990
P30 RF $13,990
P45 RF $17,990

Without the Phase One Camera system here are the prices:
P20 RF $6,990
P21 RF $7,990
P25 RF $12,990
P30 RF $12,990
P45 RF $16,990
(any mount H,V,Contax - Mamiay RZ Pro II/D additional )

Contact us if you have any questions.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office

Asher Kelman

Thanks Jack for the timely information.

So is it that one can't get the P20 and P21 with the Phase One Mamiya body? These, I'd think would compete with the 1DsIII or not?

Also what's the warranty for refurbished?

Can one use 3rd part lenses?

Asher

Jack_Flesher

As I understand it, you can get the P20 and P21 with the new body for a slightly higher price differential than the other backs.

Re warranty, Also, as I understand it this price includes the standard 1 yr but you can also purchase the 3 year value added.

On the Mamiya/Phase AFD body, you can use a wide variety of lenses. I currently use the new AF lenses as well as a few older manual focus Mamiya 645 and Hassleblad lenses on mine.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

The next order of business is for Phase One to do corrections for the lenses in software automatically, as does Hasselblad and to some extent Leica.

The older Mamiya lenses were amongst the best the industry has seen. However, I wonder whether or not that is true today.

Asher