• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Avoid the Internet and any magazines

Sid Jervis

pro member
On the run up to Photokina (or any other big show) I have to ask why I bother looking at photo related magazines or the internet. The mass of speculation, bad Photoshop images and fake press announcements makes the whole process a waste of time. A few comments wouldn't be too bad, but pages and pages !

Any announcements will happen when they happen, but in this world of instant access and no personal patience I suppose I shouldn't expect anything else.

$0.02

Sid Jervis

pro member
If I ignore it all until it happens then I can know exactly what is out there :)

Nik, I saw your location as TO, can you point me to a photographic studio in that area (rental)?

I have friends that I visit near there (Simi Valley), in fact about eight weeks ago I was filling my face at Outback in TO !

Sid,

Sid Jervis said:
Nik, I saw your location as TO, can you point me to a photographic studio in that area (rental)?

I have friends that I visit near there (Simi Valley), in fact about eight weeks ago I was filling my face at Outback in TO !

Unfortunately, I never heard of one. We don't have much gear-related shops here. I think you'll get a much better chances in Hollywood or further down in the Valley... They have Sami's stores and such.

I heard very good things about Rent Glass, though.

HTH

Randy Brister

HTH[/QUOTE]

Great site, unique concept. Unfortunately, out of all of the Canon lens they offer, they have exactly one (1) in stock!

Sid Jervis

pro member
Randy Brister said:

HTH

Great site, unique concept. Unfortunately, out of all of the Canon lens they offer, they have exactly one (1) in stock![/QUOTE]
Yep I found that as well, I soon learnt to book well in advance.
$0.02