• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

So no new 1 series, but a 400D and 3 lenses

john armstrong

Of course they will introduce at least 1 new 1D Series.

Frank Werner said:
Hi,

so it seems as the first sites get information about the Canon news, there is no new 1 series for the Photokina.
A new 400D with a cross your fingers! dust removal system...

http://www.photokina-show.com/0131/canon/digitalslrcamera/canoneos400d/

three new lenses:
50mm 1.2L
200 mm 1.8 L
and a new 70-200 4L

the 200 1.8L sounds nice for me.

Ok lets wait for the PMA, my money stays with me for a while i guess

Frank

o you really think they would introduce a new entry level SLR with a higher pixel count than one of their Series 1 models (1D Mark 2N). I doubt it. Just my two cents.

john armstrong

typo

john armstrong said:
o you really think they would introduce a new entry level SLR with a higher pixel count than one of their Series 1 models (1D Mark 2N). I doubt it. Just my two cents.
Do you...................

Stan Jirman

john armstrong said:

Somehow I doubt that these two cameras would be in a direct competition against each other. I for sure know which one my wife would prefer, and vice versa :)

JohanElzenga

john armstrong said:

Yes, they will and they just did. The pixel count is not the only important feature of a camera. Professionals know this and understand this.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I agree Johan,

Even with an f2.8 lens, neither the new 10MP camera nor the 5D with 12MP can compete with the 8MP 1DII cameras in ability to focus and track.

For professional work, that is what is important not pixel count.

Now throw on an f4.0 lens and the new little camera loses its central more useful focus point and is really a non-player for fast work. The 5D is not much better!

Asher

Don Lashier

Megapixels smegapixels (I'm still doing ok with 4mp ID), the killer for me is lack of spot meter. I use spot solely for metering and would be lost without it.

- DL

john armstrong

I'll stand by my original post and furthermore I think you can be pretty well assured that by February of 2007, there will be at least one 22 megapixel Series 1 body.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
john armstrong said:
I'll stand by my original post and furthermore I think you can be pretty well assured that by February of 2007, there will be at least one 22 megapixel Series 1 body.
I like and do (very) large size print, give me more pixels! (and I'll keep my 1DS Mk II as back-up!)