• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Trees & the Motif of "Sky"!

Cem_Usakligil

i-PLtgQsQ-X2.jpg
This is excellent Antonio!

Absolutely!

Best regards,
Michael
Then I do insist! …even Ansel would be jealous (meaning that he would like to have it included in his gallery) of this shot!
OK… let me explain my view… it's the processing of the fog that is great, the trees are all bend as they have been punished from the wind and "blah", "blah", "blah"… BUT… in this one comes that GENIUS "hair only - not head" rock in the foreground, in pure harmony to an asymmetrical background and gives an absolutely UNIQUE "**** all" three-dimentionality to it, that the (superb) lighting alone wouldn't be able to do, no matter how good the master would be… 2-3% percent of the frame only, but the "depth" is as good as ANY of Anshel's (admired for that) masterpieces! …it's a masterpiece Mike! …."a "bold" rock underlining lighting" …fuuuuuck! ….Bravo!

Jarmo Juntunen

Theodoros, thanks, it is actually an impressive opinion! It's not that I don't like b&w but I often seem to come across views that in my own opinion need to photographed "as seen", i.e. in colour. There are many cases were bw is more than appropriate. James Lemon's street pictures, Antonio's portraiture, just to give only a couple of examples. Thanks again for taking the time and interest to comment and edit!

Michael, thank you so much for your kind comment!

Michael Nagel

Then I do insist! …even Ansel would be jealous (meaning that he would like to have it included in his gallery) of this shot!
Your opinion and I take it as a compliment, thanks.
The difference I see is that it lacks the LF 'touch' to it.

This one and that one were taken the same day. It was a cloudy, foggy mountain hike...
They just don't fit in this thread

Best regards,
Michael

Your opinion and I take it as a compliment, thanks.
The difference I see is that it lacks the LF 'touch' to it.

This one and that one were taken the same day. It was a cloudy, foggy mountain hike...
They just don't fit in this thread

Best regards,
Michael
Mike, please read the rest of my comment, I was editing while you was quoting… I have a "fully reasoned" support of my opinion, why I consider your shot a masterpiece….

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,

Is is this one?

Best regards,
Michael

Thanks!!! Now I'm delighted! Ansel Adams can go get occupied and measure the light from every square mm of the image. I think he would be putting up the print and said, "Well, at last, now I can close up for the night!".

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some kitsch for a change.

Actually, Michael,

Hallmark might buy it from you! That would be an excellent image for wedding photographers who have a green screen. Just one click in PS and they'd be in a gorgeous sunset. In the distance there's a tree on the horizon. Just a pinpoint of extra interest and I like it. I don't think we should be sidelong sentimentality. Just we realize that taking pictures of a chateau in Versailles, a sunset or a little girl holding her baby brother are heart stealers but really some of the most wonderful capabilities of photography to enrich our lives. So, I for one am grateful for this picture. Not big enough to steal but enough to make me happy!

Asher