• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Boy with bike

Graham Mitchell

110mm f2 PQ lens at f2.8

(in the same series as the apple girl)

27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
27.jpg

Graham Mitchell: Boy with Bike

What a gentleman with those British tailored pants and the Wellngton boots! Can he really ride with them? The lens I guess is about equivalent to an 85mm in 35mm format and still has the more dramatic presentation of that intermediate focal length, a great choice. The lightng gives us very gentle modeling.

The color is beautiful and the composition works well for me with his left arm parallel to the handlebars and his legs reminding us of the triangular form of the frame in which they fit.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

It's very "paul smith" like. Very neat, very smart, very british with the touch of odd (the wellies) and the bike as well :). It looks that everything the boy, the bike, even the background just comes from the shop...Very nice atmosphere.

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smith-world/history/
Sandrine,

There's something about the Brits and their formality and respect of being neat and tidy that's charming. I have never found a picture of a lad like that in the USA where one one would say, "What a young smart gentleman?"

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Stunning

This image is quite stunning. Love the color, crispness and the composition. The expression is priceless. Asher suggested I come and take a peek. Glad I did!

Nigel Allan

There is something quite lovely about this. The colours and tonality are very real. You could almost step into this picture

Asher Kelman

Graham,

Now we have saluted your work, as it is due in full measure, we, ourselves, deserve more from the shoot or series, LOL!

Asher :)

Asher Kelman

Unfortunately bad weather is holding up the shoot, and now the leaves are quickly falling off the trees. I am very close to killing the project :(

That will be fine! Just put the bicycle upside down with the leaves in the background and have him adjust the brakes or something, without dirtying his so bespoke trousers!

Asher

110mm f2 PQ lens at f2.8

(in the same series as the apple girl)

27.jpg

I happily stumbled upon this and I have to say how gorgeous it is! Beautiful photograph. Love the composition of the boy's shape mimicking that of the bicycle and how fresh and clean he looks, like it's the first day of school. Really, really like it.
:)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

Sad that we get blamed!

Real picture was posted by Graham and is one of the best pictures of a boy and his bicycle. This found here.

Asher