• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

party at the river

Valentin Arfire

and some planar projections

this time I chose to make 2 planars for each panorama: one good old cylindrical crop and a mercator

so I begin here the series

a_mercator.jpg

a_small.jpg

b_mercator.jpg

b_small.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
a great time enjoying it

:) alcohol free

g_mercator.jpg

g_small.jpg

I really think this is a great way to investigate other ways of imaging that give a fresh look at what we do and the planet we have. The landscapes a remarkable. The first one can be added to by making another strip below and stitching.

What lens are you using?

Asher

Valentin Arfire

thank you Asher
:)

as always I'm using my faithful Canon 5D + Tokina 10-17 mm fisheye lens
the software:
DPP CR2 to jpg over and underexposed ; sometimes I use a normal one too if there are details that could be diminished in the +/-1 stop others
Tufuse to enfuse each picture into one jpeg with more information covering a wider dynamic
PTLENS to correct the CA
PTGUI to stitch the jpgs
Pano2VR to extract the cubefaces
Magic (or the Gimp or photoshop) to make the final adjustments and give a little sharpness to the 6 cubefaces
again pano2vr
:) publish the spherical panorama

[then I use pano2vr to get an interesting/ironic/surprising new view out of the cubefaces and make Asher happy]

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
b_mercator.jpg

Hi Valentin,

I really enjoy seeing ways of integrating people, their social life and the environment with each other. This is what this picture shows so well, far better than a straight on rectilinear shot. What was this projection?

Asher