Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Art Theory: Idea workshop.

Art Theory: Idea workshop. Warning, not the truth here, just a venture. Examining what makes an image worthy of saving and what it does for us.

Old December 26th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Banned

Default The benefits of foresight.

Italians are noted for their style and so they should be. It would give me nothing but pleasure to wear n Italian suit with fine leather shoes from Florence and a perfectly fitting shirt from The tailors of Rome.
They know how to dress, those italians. They also know how to walk, drink coffee, make wine, cook pasta and, above all, park their cars.

A famous Australian once said:"The best way to see Darwin is from 40 000 ft on your way to Florence."
Never have truer words been spoken.

_DSF6181 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:50 AM

Making the car short enough to allow for parking perpendicularly to the street was part of the original specification for that car line. The car is 2.5m long. It is not an Italian car, it was a German-Swiss collaboration. The car is sold in Australia, if you are interested.
Old December 26th, 2015, 07:51 AM

The Smart Fortwo shown is of the second generation, which is longer than the 2.50m of the first generation.

The car is well placed in front of the 'no parking' sign which made me smile.

Best regards,
Michael
Old December 26th, 2015, 01:41 PM

Tom, I just had the most brilliant Italian meal in the middle of nowhere, about 10,000kms from Aus and about the same from Italy. Spectacular food, wonderful people (good wine too).
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Banned

One does wonder at the duration of this parking venture. Should he return he will fin himself thoroughly parked in.
I could be mistaken as the the gender of the driver. The lid is down after all.

_DSF6709 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr
Old December 26th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Banned

One must add that the diligance of such skillful parking is passed on from generation to generation by genetics no less.

_DSF6656 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr
Old December 27th, 2015, 12:29 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom dinning View Post
One must add that the diligance of such skillful parking is passed on from generation to generation by genetics no less.

_DSF6656 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr
A superb picture! The value of the oblique lines and the yellow is particularly appreciated by me. These resonate with my ideas on yellow signage for marking roadways, giving warnings and condoning of areas!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.