• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Who has the Right to Project their View of Photography Here?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
OPF is not my sounding board! Don't make it appear that way! Sometimes my posts are everywhere, giving feedback, showing my own pictures, discussing some question of esthetics or otherwise saturating the airwaves. It's your job to give balance. What are your ideas? It's preferable that the voices heard are yours. Sometimes, as in the hot summer vacations months, things get slower. So then we need even more participation to increase enjoyment of our profession or favorite avocation, photography that's fun, better and even perhaps, occasionally, outstanding.

It would be so helpful if each time you come to OPF, look for an orphan picture that needs comment and reply to folk whose comments needs answers! Your opinions and views must color the forum. So share images, your own ideas and give love!

Asher

Doug Kerr

OPF is not my sounding board! Don't make it appear that way! Sometimes my posts are everywhere, giving feedback, showing my own pictures, discussing some question of esthetics or otherwise saturating the airwaves. It's your job to give balance. What are your ideas? It's preferable that the voices heard are yours. Sometimes, as in the hot summer vacations months, things get slower. So then we need even more participation to increase enjoyment of our profession or favorite avocation, photography that's fun, better and even perhaps, occasionally, outstanding.
I think that this is well said.

We must not look at Asher's large oeuvre here as a manifestation of some droit de seigneur but rather that he takes the trouble to contribute.

Many here can contribute more than they do, and should not be reticent about increasing their footprint.

I have to go now to make the transition from les oeuvres to les oeufs.

Best regards,

Doug

Jean Henderson

Right on, Asher! But then you have the newcomers here, like me, who still aren't quite sure they have a whole lot to contribute yet to someone else's view of the world. I'll give it a whirl, though.

Jean