• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is it the camera after all?

Adrian Wareham

That's a great comic.

It's the darn truth though. Sometimes cheap cameras take the most interesting pictures, but you need an eye for it ... and, deep down, we probably all wish for bad luck to find anyone who compliments our camera, but not our skill, or eye for a good picture. Ugh!

Good find! A variation on this is when a non-photographer offers up "you must have a really nice camera" when viewing a sample of my photos for the first time. It is amazing how often I've heard this, and it is sincerely meant as a compliment. I like to respond "yes, on a good day the camera does OK".

Jerome Marot

It is all about the gear...

And you can't stop technical progress. This camera turns around, up and down, looks for faces, detects smiles and shoots automatically:

-X59x7k7zeHQXvbAnGhgQy-pgr4LQXsgVd4_13Q6_iKRNiwJYSLT02nJsnmNhen-8sheON_xy2yHjEPH3Hpb7curHywois8lCIU3n5YMAK7dFEz_hmtGXVs6Yj_U6T4

That camera takes nice pictures (or not). Count 180€ for the camera and another 100€ for the robotic docking station.