• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Carla & Doug in a print ad

Doug Kerr

I'm sure I reported here that last year Carla and I were in a TV commercial for Sandoval Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a wonderful new hospital, a satellite of the University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque, this one in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, a (now giant) suburb of Albuquerque.

Then, a while ago, some friends of ours from the community theater group said that we were featured in a billboard ad for the hospital, located on a major highway north of Albuquerque, but the next time we got to that area we couldn't find it.

Yesterday, one of Carla's friends told her that in the latest issue of Mirage, the magazine of the UNM Alumni Association, we were featured in a full page add for SRMC. Here it is (via a scan from the magazine):

D-C_SRMC_TV_2014-mag-01-S800.jpg

This shot was taken by the ad agency's still photographer in the lobby of the hospital. He was supposed to send me copies of the shots but he didn't. Poo.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Wow Doug. I should admit that the photo looks great even though the photographer didn't keep his word.

Yes, we were very pleased! The whole adventure was very nice!

This by the way gives a nice look at Carla's new "natural" hair color, to which I refer in another recent post.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm sure I reported here that last year Carla and I were in a TV commercial for Sandoval Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a wonderful new hospital, a satellite of the University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque, this one in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, a (now giant) suburb of Albuquerque.

Then, a while ago, some friends of ours from the community theater group said that we were featured in a billboard ad for the hospital, located on a major highway north of Albuquerque, but the next time we got to that area we couldn't find it.

Yesterday, one of Carla's friends told her that in the latest issue of Mirage, the magazine of the UNM Alumni Association, we were featured in a full page add for SRMC. Here it is (via a scan from the magazine):

D-C_SRMC_TV_2014-mag-01-S800.jpg

This shot was taken by the ad agency's still photographer in the lobby of the hospital. He was supposed to send me copies of the shots but he didn't. Poo.

Best regards,

Doug

Actually, the hospital is damned lucky to have such photogenic folk to advertise for them, instead of paid actors! You make a great couple!

Great they could help Carla! I hope the live up to your generous endorsement!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Actually, the hospital is damned lucky to have such photogenic folk to advertise for them, instead of paid actors! You make a great couple!

Thanks you so much.

Great they could help Carla! I hope the live up to your generous endorsement!

They have so far for us, give or take a small clinker or two!

Best regards,

Doug

Antonio Correia

Great photo of you two !

He did not keep his promise because he may have lost your mail Doug...

The hospital is lucky to have such a marvelous couple for it's add !

Did you receive any money for posing ?...

:)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

Great photo of you two !

He did not keep his promise because he may have lost your mail Doug...

Well, I reminded him a little while after the shoot! But maybe I will again.

The hospital is lucky to have such a marvelous couple for it's add !

This still shot was done after a whole day shoot for a 60 second TV commercial (full professional crew - probably 50 people altogether). It was actually great fun.

Did you receive any money for posing ?...

No, we donated our "talent" as a public service, both for the TV shoot and the still shoot. But we were thoroughly compensated for our travel and lodging, meals, and so forth. In fact, the producer initially said that they would send a car and driver to pick up us at our home (about 250 miles from the shoot site) but we declined, as we would rather have our own vehicle while we were up there.

Thanks for writing.

Best regards,

Doug