• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Moving to Flickr

Antonio Correia

My visit to the US and the advises I was given, made me decide to move to Flickr, where I have been for some years now but to which I was not very attached.

I will be moving slowly. It will take one year from now on. So, by the end of 2016 I think my account will be closed in SmugMug and all images will be lost. They will not pop up here anymore. My images posted in threads will be lost.

I am already using Flickr.
Thank you for your attention.

Regards ! :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
But the loss is enormous! Is Smugmug too expensive or is Flickr technology better or easier to use!

Smugmug is, as far as I know, hosted by Amazon Web Services and so should be bulletproof!

Asher

Antonio Correia

I think Asher is right.
To keep both sites - the solution I have been thinking for the last two hours - I have to spend more money which doesn't please me. For this purpose I mean.
Perhaps I will keep both being Flickr for more... shall I say, popular (?) images while Smug for Fine-art/exquisite or vice versa.
I have to consult my private technician about this matter.
In fact, the target - by the end of the year - is to try to sell images over the web with a shop of my own.
Why not ? I want to try !
:)