• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Quiet times?

Cem_Usakligil

So what's up? Are we going through a quiet period right now? Not many daily posts as far as I can see (being a very frequent visitor to OPF).

I hope all of you are out there shooting, shooting, shooting; rather than writing and reading about it. However, don't forget to share some of that shooting with us please :).

Cheers,

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Vacation time....

It's quiet everywhere. People are on vacation, school is just getting out for summer.

I am leaving on Monday for a couple weeks of vacation - to Istanbul, Croatia and Greece. We won a grand prize cruise in a charity raffle. I doubt that I will be able to upload my images from our trip from the seas but I will try to help keep you all entertained.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy,

If we have time before you I'll show you my pics so you'll know what you need for the shots and what you might miss out or must-see!

You deserve that trip since your good husband bought 4 raffle tickets! That was generous!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Tours are all set

Cem and Asher - thank you for your generosity. My work schedule is so tight before I go, I am just hoping to get my work done as well as finalize my packing

We arrive at 5:30 pm on Tuesday. We are hoping after our long travel time that we will have slept on the plane (in coach!) and have some energy for seeing something besides a pillow on arrival!

On Wednesday, we will board our cruise ship but after we drop our luggage, I have arranged for a guide and driver so we will go to Galata area and to the Spice Market. Also to a mosque where there is a view and to the Cisterns. Please forgive me, since I did not learn all the actual spellings and names of the locations. They are written down but not handy.

The next day we have 9-10 hours of touring. We have learned to go with a group but break away to photograph. We will see the Grand Bazaar, Haigia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Taksim Square and have a cruise on the Bosphorus with lunch in Asia.

We will have a day at sea on Friday and then go to Ephesus on Saturday. I will try to post some photos - time permitting.

I can't wait!

Steve Saunders

Yes it's probably shooting weather in most places now. Also of course this board is relatively young and will grow with time and get busier.