• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

It's June? Do you know where your camera is?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Come June, vacations start, it's hot, people head for the water, beaches and mountains.

Some of us just walk out the door and have a pool, water fall and maidens dropping rose petals?

So what are your summer views?

You have a boat? A country cabin? A new love?

Share you pictures here?

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Wrapped in plastic!

Well, since you asked, my camera went to Canon yesterday for a sensor cleaning. My kind husband drove 170 miles so I could have a nice clean camera to shoot long photos at f22 next week. It's wrapped in plastic and sealed by Canon and I think it will stay that way until I depart for Turkey in a few days. No Dust for me! (Actually, I better check it out before I go just in case!)

Asher Kelman

Cleaning Sensors New Technic! Dual Brush Flick-OFF!

My goss, I'd have cleaned it for you!

I have a new dual brush flick-off technic! I made a discovery. You can charge a sensor clean brush the best by flicking one brush off the other! Takes a few strokes, but it's the best! Just hold the one brush horizontal and then kep whacking it with the other and that way they both get charged. I was able to clean a sensor good for f32 on the 5D. not a single dust speck or sust bunny! nothing at all.

Call me before you go!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The Artic Butterfly™ works by electrostatic charge! Dust stick to sensors by the same forces.

The "flick-off" technic works perfectly for me and I thought it out when I couldn't find my Rocket blower.

To make it work better, here i'll trademark it, Flick-Off™

Asher :)

hehehe, well I did not know that, due to the excellent Olympus solution, in over 2 years I had not a single dustproblem, cleaining a sensor is something I never had to do.

Asher Kelman

Hi Georg,

Somehow I thought your were using Canon gear? Tell us more! Is it a DSLR, 'cause otherwise it's of course, no huge surprise. The Olympus is reported to have the best dust removal system in a testimng I saw. The vibrating sensors generally were not that effective.

Asher

I use the olympus E1, which incorporates a special ultrasonic cleaning system to dislodge any dust when you startup the cam, and yes, it really works well.

To be honest, this fact in combination with the quality of the zuiko lenses was the driving factor for my decision 2 years ago to buy into a somewhat older system, and I did not regret that. All I hope for now, is that the successor has more up to date resolution and it looks like it, as well as on board IS, which will be a great addition for me.

I only saw dust once @ f22, and I switched to sensor cleaning, which does basically the same as when you start the camera, only in this mode it does that continously for 5 seconds, and after that f22 was clear.

If the E1-successor will come in the region of 12 MP with IS on board, I am a happy camper, and as it looks from the recent 510, also ISO noise is much improved. The olympus will never reach the heights of Canon and Nikon Flagship models, but they are really good and weathersealed bodies, tough and reliable, and the lense park is excellent throughout in deed.