• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

little experiment

Handheld, 3 brackets, windows not clean <grins>, shot through window glas where by the focus was on the french doors reflection in the window glas, the latter are in a 90 degree angle, where the sunset happened.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I like the idea george and I'd accept it as your picture as is, but since you asked, I'd wonder if bringing up the detail of the frame in the reflection might be a great improvement.

This frame withing a frame if used by a number of artists and is built into our psyche. There are a lot of great possibilities here and I'd put my camera on a tripod and work on it more!

Asher

new version

I like the idea george and I'd accept it as your picture as is, but since you asked, I'd wonder if bringing up the detail of the frame in the reflection might be a great improvement.

This frame withing a frame if used by a number of artists and is built into our psyche. There are a lot of great possibilities here and I'd put my camera on a tripod and work on it more!

Asher

I used the same picture, but worked on it differently, the new Korg Synth Workstation, an object of desire. <smile>

Asher Kelman

Hi Georg,

Of course I love sienna colors and that's what there's a lot of.

The rectangular shapes are too many. Once iis great, twice is pushing thrice is excess. The curved ?automobile" reflectlion, is distracting to the rectangular elements, or vica versa. Simplicity!

Simplicity is the essence of a great photogrph but it is not then simple because we can now add more. This is crowded. However, the process is positive and we're moving. The frame is a difficulty since it calls too much attention to itself at this time. First the image and composition, then the frame. For the moment grey card: a flat border just to allow attention to the picture itself.

Remember, what I say, like fools and brillian critics must be taken, sifted and discarded according to your own values and measures since it's your experience that has to be satisfied. My esthetic sense is just my own. However, the struggle in appreciation might perhaps include a helpful elements of feedback.

Asher

Thanks for your feedback, always interesting!

It was an experiment, I never did composites before.

It is a workstation I desire but can not afford if Hell freezes over. LOL So it represents a dreamlike state "something has arrived" but it hasn't. Out of reach and Blah blah...<grins>

Even without manuals, I find photoshop quite intuitiv, and one can get results by trial and error.

Thanks again.

~^..^~
Bear

Asher Kelman

Sometimes these projects just click, others have to stew in one's brain. I try to respect other people's work and criticism often reveals as much about the weakeness or stengths of the reviewer as the work under scrutiny. Still, we have to try or else art is just personal and we don't know whether or not we are reaching peope, if that's our intent.

When it happens you'll be happy with all your effort.

Asher