• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

3 masts sailing on the Garonne

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
This rare Mexican 3 masts was passing by, just got time to run across the parking lot in front of our office, 1Ds2 + 70-200 IS.

3mats_G8A7581_LR.jpg

100% crop:

3mats_crop_G8A7581_LR.tif

Enjoy

Last edited:

nicolas claris

Hi Bart
Well, honestly more interesting shot than nice;-)

they were leaving after the "Fête du Fleuve" (River Fair) in Bordeaux

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Nicolas,

Was it not a Mexican three master (the Cuauhtemoc)? In any case, not a Brazilian one if I know my flags well :)

Cheers,

nicolas claris

Of course Cem you're right it IS Mexican!

If I were dishonest, I would say this was to check everyone attention;-)

Per Ofverbeck

I guess it´s on its way to Stockholm....

July 27, the international Tall Ships Race visits Stockholm, and we look forward to seeing a lot of these large sailing ships in our archipelago, as well as along the quays in central Stockholm.

Last time they were in Stockholm was, I think, about 5 - 6 years ago, and I remember the Cuauhtemoc was here (I have some pictures from then), and got its fair share of public attention; it is a beautiful ship indeed!

Really look forward to seeing it again.