• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Da Vinci: Courtesy of Bill Gates

Well what a nice coincidence.

I have to take a trip to Germany tomorrow and "unfortunately" I have a 7 hours stay over in Dublin until my connection flight to Frankfurt takes of. So I was pondering what in the Hell I am going to do with those 7 hours, when I got the right idea. <grins>

The Leonardo Collection is currently in the Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle, and I secured myself a Ticket for tomorrow 11 AM. <smile>

Asher, this Library holds documents from a great variety of Belief Systems, some of them are older than what the Vatican has, in fact some of the Koran documents are amongst the oldest. You would love that Library. Have a look:

http://www.cbl.ie/exhibitions/Temporary.aspx?L1Link=36&L2Link=242&Sb=Temporary%20Exhibitions

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Georg,

By now, you should be actually visiting the library. I am curious what your impressions are. Please let us know when you go back home.

Cheers,

To me it was a once in a lifetime experience in deed. To be able to look at the originals is quite impressive. The setup is difficult as the light which is already very much dimmed down is only illuminating the pages for a few seconds until it is dimmed down even further to protect the pages of course. An interesting side effects was the area that I visited in Germany, where many houses were build in the time Leonardo was still alive and kicking.

I spend 2 hours there and it was not enough. However, they produces a high quality catalog from the exhibition that I brought with me.

If this comes near your place at some stage, it is well worth a visit.