• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What do we mean by this? Does this cover Playboy shots & Hustler type images?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Clarification of the TOS of OPF.

We assume that we are in a living room with pictures on the walls, perhaps and various friends and their friends or teenagers visiting occasionally too. So there might, amongst others, be an artistic nude that calls attention to the beauty of the human form. But is there no limit to the nature of depicting women for example in poses that are designed just for titillation?

Well, here's the answer, and I think it will be clear. This community cannot deal with pictures that are generally found in Playboy where the object is to feast on the erotic nature of the body. That does not mean that an erotic artistic nude will not be welcome, but we have not yet had one submitted TTBOMK!

So here's it simply stated. If the picture would be accepted in an average home of high school educated folk, then it's fine here. If there's a question, ask or post and see what happens.

We are not censoring free speach, just allowing ourselves some expression of our community values. I hope no umbridge or insult is taken.

Asher

Rachel Foster

I like this policy, Asher. I have been careful about opening certain threads when my children are around. I have no problem with them seeing artistic nudes at all. It will be nice to not worry about what they might see.

Asher Kelman

Seconded.

Nill

Nill,

Feel free to suspend viewing of anything you are not sure of as newbies might not "get it" right away. We really want to encourage sports, artistic work, commercial photography, architecture and the like. Glamor photography is fine if the kind we might find in Vogue™ or the catalog of Colors of Beneton but not tawdry stuff that smacks of "easy women" as objects for exploitation and demeaning attitudes.

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
Works for me, too.
Not that I'm against the images, per se. I just feel it's not what we do here.
There are countless glamour/erotic forums where those types of images would be better received.

Asher Kelman

Rachel, Nill and John,

I want us to reach more folk but to do this, I don't believe we should accept material that conflicts with core values here and distracts from art, fun and commercial avenues in photography. I had to make a clear decision and then having your goodwill and support makes me feel in good company!

Asher

It is interesting how this discussion made me picture in mi mind my father. His name was Samuel but people called him Sam. My grandfather and my brothers name, but the only Sam was him, my brother is Samuel. Anyway, he was an architect, painter, photographrer and owner for 25 years of a successful AD agency called ArtTec. My house was full of architectural, art and photography magazines and early on I knew that photo magazines had nudity every now an then. Later on I discovered that he had some 11x14 portfolio of black and white nudes he had done --women of other than my mother--.

There is no moral in my story --sorry--, just healthy memories of my some time ago gone father, photography and nudity regarding photography.

Go on...

Asher Kelman

It is interesting how this discussion made me picture in mi mind my father. His name was Samuel but people called him Sam. My grandfather and my brothers name, but the only Sam was him, my brother is Samuel. Anyway, he was an architect, painter, photographrer and owner for 25 years of a successful AD agency called ArtTec. My house was full of architectural, art and photography magazines and early on I knew that photo magazines had nudity every now an then. Later on I discovered that he had some 11x14 portfolio of black and white nudes he had done --women of other than my mother--.

There is no moral in my story --sorry--, just healthy memories of my some time ago gone father, photography and nudity regarding photography.

Go on...
The moral of the story is that your father brought you up well and the balance was just right. Nudity itself is so controversial n some societies since it might seem to remove a barrier to untoward behavior.

Asher