• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Traveler

fahim mohammed

Said the Voice. It is a journey. Never promised it would be easy. No guarantee it would be successful.

You, said the Voice, were asked who you wanted with you along the journey. Through the darkness and the light. Through the suffering and the pain. Through the happiness and the inevitable sorrows that follow each other.

Through the good and the bad.

p634988853-4.jpg

You traveler made your choice. As others have done. To each their choice. To each their Guide.

Cem_Usakligil

Said the Voice. It is a journey. Never promised it would be easy. No guarantee it would be successful.

You, said the Voice, were asked who you wanted with you along the journey. Through the darkness and the light. Through the suffering and the pain. Through the happiness and the inevitable sorrows that follow each other.

p634988853-4.jpg

You traveler made your choice. As others have done. To each their choice. To each their Guide.
Hi Fahim,

I've been wondering where you've been Fahim. I presume, seeing this picture, that there have been health issues. With you or with a family member? I hope that all is well now and wish you lots of strength.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

p634988853-4.jpg

Dera Fahim,

Life itself is that journey and the destination is unclear and the path full of blocked routes and mislabeled signposts and unmarked paths.

I thought at first the difficulties would be in climbing mountains, such as the Himalayas, "the abodes of snow" but then one wouldn't need a technical computer screen. So next I thought of the captain's control panels in a luxury yacht off Dubai, perhaps, planning a perilous trip across the treacherous cold windswept stormy Antarctic ocean to see the wonders of the glaciers, seals, whales and penguins of Antartica.

I looked closely at the box receiving the cables and saw the square red label with the letters CCU. Hmm, not a Marine term but Coronary Care Unit! So that's where you've been. Now I understand the journey. Yes it's as ,(and even more), perilous ................... and again one has no choice in the matter!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Cem, Asher, Jerome.. cannot express my gratitude enough for your concern.

Seems I have been here for a few days!!

That I am now up and posting, must be an encouraging sign...let's hope so.

p347432472-3.jpg

Across the room I see some medical personnel. I recognize only three of them. Ali ( you know him from before..the surgeon), then there is my son and with him which must be his Prof. of Nuclear Imaging.

There is my son's father-in-law too!! He is the head of the pulmonary unit; he is in conversation with a very serious looking tall western gentleman..US, I guess.

Ali looks at me, smiles..as do others with various degrees of pretended smiles on their faces. I do not see other members of my family. Across the small door opening, I see and hear monitors, and staff stations.

Yesterday once more.

fahim mohammed

I am bored. They are nodding their heads. What?

Let's pull a cable..there..

p917473406-4.jpg

Big beep from inside and outside. Everyone turns. No one is amused. Sorry. Came off.

Very low volume beep..beep..beep.. now.

Jarmo Juntunen

Fahim, even at a dark hour you're going through now you've haven't lost your sense of humor. Get well soon, do you hear! And no talking back!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
وفقكم الله وحكمة ومهارة إلى الأطباء. قد يعطي الراحة والتفاهم والصبر بعائلتك ونصلي من أجل الانتعاش الكامل.

fahim mohammed

وفقكم الله وحكمة ومهارة إلى الأطباء. قد يعطي الراحة والتفاهم والصبر بعائلتك ونصلي من أجل الانتعاش الكامل.

A most wonderful thing you ask for me Asher.

I am lucky to have good friends.

Kindest regards to you and yours.

p.s. Asher, the tall gentleman, talking with Dr. Ali, is from the US from the Cleveland Clinic. He is a cardiologist.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

So sorry to hear of your "challenge", and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

And thanks for your insights as to your journey, journeys in general, and the people (and machinery) about you.

And we certainly second Asher's sentiments في العربية.

Doug and Carla

Michael Nagel

Fahim,

when I was younger and someone wished me health at my birthday I often smiled, said thanks and did not really understand nor appreciate. This was some time ago. Now I am a little older and I understand and appreciate.

I wish you health. I hope your recovery will prove pessimists wrong and exceed the imagination of optimists.

All the best,
Michael

fahim mohammed

Hi, Fahim,

So sorry to hear of your "challenge", and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

And thanks for your insights as to your journey, journeys in general, and the people (and machinery) about you.

And we certainly second Asher's sentiments في العربية.

Doug and Carla

Thanks Doug. Regards to Carla and yourself.

Indeed the NBP cuff being the right size is a blessing!!

Regards.

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

when I was younger and someone wished me health at my birthday I often smiled, said thanks and did not really understand nor appreciate. This was some time ago. Now I am a little older and I understand and appreciate.

I wish you health. I hope your recovery will prove pessimists wrong and exceed the imagination of optimists.

All the best,
Michael

Michael, thank you for that wonderful wish for my health.

I wish you and yours the best of health always.

Regards.

fahim mohammed

Hi Fahim,

Take it easy, don't rush things. I hope you recover soon, it's been enough hospital visits for this year (and the next).

Cheers,
Bart

Bart, thanks for the advice and well wishes. I did all they asked of me..well almost all :)

Anyway, they have decided that 5 days in CCU is enough and I should go home. I am expected to be a frequent visitor in outpatients for more than normal monitoring.

They have positively ruled out any aggressive medical imaging..for now.

Kindest regards.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hey, Fahim, what's happening? I was lost without you.
Get better soon, please. I need your skills, knowledge, poetic narrative and adversarial skills.
Truly! I have missed you. Please be well.

fahim mohammed

Hey, Fahim, what's happening? I was lost without you.
Get better soon, please. I need your skills, knowledge, poetic narrative and adversarial skills.
Truly! I have missed you. Please be well.

Hi there Tom.

Seems a slight knock on my knuckles! I was beginning to think I was an artist! Silly me.

Thank you for the well wishes and my best to you and those around you.

Warmest regards.

p.s.

p726401856.jpg

Doesn't look much of anything now..does he. Can't even pee for himself. Artist indeed.

Breathing..with great difficulty. And wants to create art.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi there Tom.

Seems a slight knock on my knuckles! I was beginning to think I was an artist! Silly me.

Thank you for the well wishes and my best to you and those around you.

Warmest regards.

p.s.

p726401856.jpg

Doesn't look much of anything now..does he. Can't even pee for himself. Artist indeed.

Breathing..with great difficulty. And wants to create art.

I'm thinking: all that machinery to keep an eye on you when one beautiful nurse could do the job as well and hold your hand at the same time.
Any chance of having the plastic surgeon drop by and give you a makeover while you're there. A tuck in the other chin and some hair might improve things.
Now is the time to put the artist to work, Fahim. Its the ideas that count. Connect the memories with a vision. Peeing isn't a big deal anyway. Highly over-rated.
When I was in that exact same position some years back I did some meditation to keep myself occupied. What you probably call praying but without the religious angle. I'd watch the pulse rate monitor and see how low I could get it. I took great delight in stirring the nurses in the middle of the night by setting off the alarm. They thought 45bpm was a good point to set the alarm. Ha! They didn't expect a pig-headed bastard like me to call their cards. I could get it below 40 easy. I'm not quite so good at it any more. 45 is about it now.
Love that meditation. All sorts of things come to you when it works. Even nice thoughts about Australians, although I wouldn't put that to the test.

I hope the family is smuggling in all sorts of goodies for you. Hospital food is so ......, well, you know, limited.

Keep well
Tom